Anyone remember the old Sheffield Wednesday shop ?

God i remember the woman behind counter she had a bit of a pot marked face but i used to reet fancy her also the big team photos on desk that were free they used to put fixtures onas well

I remember her and the cute little figure she had. The figure was so cute they used her backside to market a new line of 'Wednesday Jean' in the programme. Love to see that picture again.

BTW, the shop I remember was under a nightclub called 'Christie's' which later became 'Dooley's'. I only went in when it was Dooley's. Familiarised myself with a filly from Fox Hill.

Owls_Shop.jpg

I bought a miniature brass nameplate of the Sheffield Wednesday loco from here. It cost me a tenner, which was a lot of money at the time, but it still has pride of place on our hallway wall, so it couldn't have been such a bad deal really.

Can anyone remember how the old Sheffield Wednesday shop used to look ?

It was on the back of the South Stand with a counter straight in front of you as you walked in and drawers full of stuff to buy..

I once walked in, couldn't get the attention of the two girls behind the counter.

I looked to my left of the very small looking shop (It was my first time in) and I saw a lanky guy with a weird grin on his face. It was Nigel Worthington. Hff he had a RIGHT list of stuff he was after. It took about 20 minutes for me to be seen !!!!

Behind were the shop is now used to be a gym one of the first places I trained often saw,sterland etc in there .

I played in there once. It was the ticket office when we got flooded and used as a morgue back in 89.

Think its some sort of club now for schools

Guest zipzippy

I am sure for a season or 2 in the 90's (before current shop opened) the shop was in a converted house - now knocked down but would have been to the right of the gateway for the current shop ...or an I imagining this???