Anyone remember the old Sheffield Wednesday shop ?

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 15.29.05.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday Club Shop

Can anyone remember how the old Sheffield Wednesday club shop at Hillsborough used to look ?

It was on the back of the South Stand with a counter straight in front of you as you walked in and drawers full of stuff to buy..

Owlstalk Shop

Guest Big Guns

There used to be an owls shop in the hole in the rd ,then one in orchard square

Can't ever remember a grunters shop in town .

Edited by Big Guns

Guest mrbluesky

God i remember the woman behind counter she had a bit of a pot marked face but i used to reet fancy her also the big team photos on desk that were free they used to put fixtures onas well

Remember having to queue outside the shop to pick up the new wool jumper with the owl crest on, it was a must have at the time! even went to court in it, must have made an impression as I got not guilty. The counter at the front made it look like a chippy!

• Haha 1

Guest wednesdayloyal

yes, worked at hillsborough for my work experiance from school as a groundsman back in 91 just after atkinson left and the store room above the old owls shop was full of big ron sunglasses and we had to skip the lot!!! always remember been there when they delivered the old away kit in the 80's (purple and silver) and i was the first to purchase one from the club shop... proudest kid in sheffield that day

Can anyone remember how the old Sheffield Wednesday shop used to look ?

It was on the back of the South Stand with a counter straight in front of you as you walked in and drawers full of stuff to buy..

Yes, I remember it well.

It used to just have a window.

Didn't sell much merchandise, though.

Guest wednesdayloyal

Yes, I remember it well.

It used to just have a window.

Didn't sell much merchandise, though.

if i remember right it features in the old vhs video from 91 that yorkshire tv made? either the will to win or league cup glory? sure its the will to win one though?

Guest Big Guns

Behind were the shop is now used to be a gym one of the first places I trained often saw,sterland etc in there .

Owls_Shop.jpg

I don't think that was the original. Unless there wa another I never went to.

It was tiny - just a window. I am talking late sixties?

It was just the size of a shed.

Sold the odd rosette and Ozzie Owl sticker. The one where he is wearing a straw boater?

God i remember the woman behind counter she had a bit of a pot marked face but i used to reet fancy her also the big team photos on desk that were free they used to put fixtures onas well

Didn't Mark Smith and her become an item??

We also had a small shed / kiosk inside the ground at the Leppings Lane end.

Can anyone remember how the old Sheffield Wednesday shop used to look ?

I remember it well lambs wool jumpers quality!!