Anyone remember the old Sheffield Wednesday shop ?

Bring back the Jockey Cap/Silk Scarf NOW!!!!!!! lol

Too right..I wish i still had mine.. The silk scarves were pure luxuriance, I remember praying I would get one for christmas. Must have been 1981.

Anyone remember the Old development shed/office where Dooley and Woodhead used to work?

This was a brick building on the immediate right as you went in the main club car park. Small offices inside with, I seem to recall glass partitions or glass screens where agents handed in/collected their developement tickets. Derek Dooley and Dennis Woodhead worked there. I still have a letter from Dennis when I suggested we have a matchday DJ and that I would do it for nothing. At the time I was resident DJ at Duckmanton Lodge in Chesterfield.

Dennis Woodhead was an England international, can you imagine Wayne Rooney taking a job in the developement fund offices after retiring??

• Like 1

This was a brick building on the immediate right as you went in the main club car park. Small offices inside with, I seem to recall glass partitions or glass screens where agents handed in/collected their developement tickets. Derek Dooley and Dennis Woodhead worked there. I still have a letter from Dennis when I suggested we have a matchday DJ and that I would do it for nothing. At the time I was resident DJ at Duckmanton Lodge in Chesterfield.

Dennis Woodhead was an England international, can you imagine Wayne Rooney taking a job in the developement fund offices after retiring?? It wasn't possible to pass a bottle of whiskey through openings they had to come outside to cillect.

Dennis Woodhead was an England international, can you imagine Wayne Rooney taking a job in the developement fund offices after retiring??

visited it many times with my mate whose dad worked there to get free Kop tickets as a kid a few times off the great Mr Dooley

quite a few years later went in there to collect a gold SWFC watch I won on the Owls' lottery

Didn't they extend it in the 90's at the very far end so it was more like an L shape??

Was just going to put that - I do remeber them extending it.

Used to love going in the shop as a lad. The first shirt I purchased with my own money was there - around 85 I reckon. And I remember spending ages trying to decide whether to buy a cotton tracksuit one year :D

Just realised I also bought a reduced price waste bin from there as it said "Yorkshire's number one first division side" - just as we'd got relegated. I knew we'd be back so thought it was a good investment. I still use it to this day - it's in this room right now. Cool story Bro

Dennis did the same job at Chesterfield, but when Dooley became manager he applied at SWFC - WAWAW!

He was an England possibility but broke his leg at the wrong time, and didn't make it.

DJs - remember Stevie Splash? Seen him once or twice this season.

• Like 1

I can't remember it that well as I was pretty young, I always have a clear memory of their being a Wednesday mini fridge in there though. lol I also remember going in there with my parents to get Sheffield Wednesday wallpaper!

visited it many times with my mate whose dad worked there to get free Kop tickets as a kid a few times off the great Mr Dooley

quite a few years later went in there to collect a gold SWFC watch I won on the Owls' lottery

My dad was a lottery agent and won a gold watch which he gave me won a ladies one which he gave my mum. Used to get the free kop tickets as well

On 20/05/2012 at 19:05, @owlstalk said:

Screenshot 2020-03-30 at 15.29.05.jpg

The Sheffield Wednesday Club Shop

Can anyone remember how the old Sheffield Wednesday club shop at Hillsborough used to look ?

It was on the back of the South Stand with a counter straight in front of you as you walked in and drawers full of stuff to buy..

I had a proper crush on the girl that worked there in the early eighties. Her name was Tracy, i think. Anyone remember her?