Anyone remember the old Sheffield Wednesday shop ?

12 hours ago, REDOWL said:

This photo of the shop staff is from the programme v Blackpool, Wednesday the 28th February 1973. We won 2-0 with goals from Brian Joicey and Tommy Craig.

IMG_20210914_154150.jpg

IMG_20210914_154928 (260x400).jpg

Thanks for this, corrected me on Joan's name in a different thread.....  i'd said June,  bad memory, but close for a fair few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, ronior said:

This is me and my brother (flanked by our Man Utd-supporting associates) outside the Owls Shop on our first trip to Hillsborough in the autumn of 1991 ... it was the 3-2 Jemson game, so not a bad first visit.

The five of us made up a hooligan firm that was feared up and down the land at the time.

51CE5A2A-B31F-4D96-9B15-D3989197DAC1.jpeg

That’s the shop as I remember it. It used to be carnage in there after a match, trying to get served for ages. 

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Thanks for this, corrected me on Joan's name in a different thread.....  i'd said June,  bad memory, but close for a fair few years ago.

Morning mate. It's great that @tommypolyfilla saw the pic and recognised his family who have contributed so much to Wednesday over the years. During lockdown I've been going through old programmes and fanzines  looking for articles that may be interesting and prompt a few memories for Wednesday fans.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Comprehensive that list. Some  puzzling items  what are Dusty Bins and pouffs must be substantial as can't post.

Evening mate. Perhaps there's someone on Owlstalk that bought a dusty bin or a pouff could help us out here. Looks like a car boot sale to me,that said I've spent a fair bit of time in the Wednesday shops over the years.

15 hours ago, REDOWL said:

Evening mate. Perhaps there's someone on Owlstalk that bought a dusty bin or a pouff could help us out here. Looks like a car boot sale to me,that said I've spent a fair bit of time in the Wednesday shops over the years.

Does seem a bit random, makes the current shop look threadbare.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

Dusty Bin was a character in the form of a motorised dust bin on the popular Saturday night quiz show, 3-2-1.
I think if the “winners” failed in the final round they got the booby prize, a dusty bin.

I guess a blue and white cuddly toy version must have been made.

BB63DFF1-77BB-4C75-BFC6-36DC83791B66.jpeg

Seems about right to me does that mate.