Anyone remember the old Sheffield Wednesday shop ?

I don't think that was the original. Unless there wa another I never went to.

It was tiny - just a window. I am talking late sixties?

It was just the size of a shed.

Sold the odd rosette and Ozzie Owl sticker. The one where he is wearing a straw boater?

Wow! That brings back memories. I can remember going in there as a kid and my dad buying me a hat, scarf, gloves and rosette (yes - a rosette).

I am sure for a season or 2 in the 90's (before current shop opened) the shop was in a converted house - now knocked down but would have been to the right of the gateway for the current shop ...or an I imagining this???

That was a programme shop at one time, not knocked down at all, still there, the first house in the row next to the car park. Not been used since it was a programme shop. Didn't Wednesday used to own all those houses?

I bought an Ozzie Owl tie from a kiosk under the cantilever, or it might have been between the cantilever and Leppings lane. I too had a silk scarf from the shop in the photo.

Guest Paulos_Medication

royal-blue-and-white-flat-cap-2151-p[ekm]170x141[ekm].jpg

COOOOOL !!!

Wow. I had forgotten all about these ! Thanks for posting this picture.They were the really cheap nylon but I loved mine. I remember getting bovril on it and being gutted.

(God I sound old)

Guest Briscoe Inferno

I remember buying a 'Silk scarf" from there - in the 1970s it was considered cool to tie scarves around your wrist - all the blue lettering wore off. Rubbish.

I remember buying some b&w photos of the players - still got one of Eric Potts!

Remember the kiosk just inside the Leppings Lane turnstiles for the North stand.

Silk scarf and a cap with the blue and white segments and an owl pin badge for school if you didn't have the jumper with the owl on it.

[just seen Paddy's post] - get them made again.

Edited by Briscoe Inferno

Wow! What a picture!

Exactly how i remember it, although i do remember it being slightly bigger?

Mind you i was only a nipper.

Still have a TC rosette and some other items i bought from there in 81ish. Will have to take a pic and post.

UTO!

Didn't they extend it in the 90's at the very far end so it was more like an L shape??

Remember it well, remember going in at my 1st ever game with my Uncle and buying a plastic money holder that went round your neck and a Wednesday pencil with the money i had.

Also, the ticket office windows at the back of the South.