Jason Walker - York City Striker watched for a third time by our scouts

My 2nd team , hence the avatar :wink:

He's been going great guns this season, not had chance to get up and see them yet so far this season :blink:

He's been going great guns this season, not had chance to get up and see them yet so far this season :blink:

From York originally then Eaton? Or do you live up here?

Mine too.

They are looking good this year, need to keep Walker though to go up, Chambers has started scoring at last but Henderson doesn't look up to much.

If we do buy him, ideal scenario would be we loan him back for the season, he scores 50 and City go up, then comes back to us for next season ready to score millions.

Can't see that happening with a 27 year old however :-)

From York originally then Eaton? Or do you live up here?

Neither mate .

Me and my mate go and watch games at Don Valley when wednesday arent playing, but we always sit in the away end no matter who the fans are. We went last season when York played them in the 1st round of the cup. Something instantly clicked with them, loved their support / Ultra's and all that and thought they were a decent side at the time. Always looked out for their results since then and hopefully we'll make it up there a couple of times this season.

Edited by Eaton_Swfc

"He then turned provider to deliver a right-wing cross that saw substitute Adriano Moké tee up Ashley Chambers for the 86th-minute winning goal. "

He was the kid we had on trial before last season! Good that he got a club eventually.

Wonder if he's still got sticks for legs...

Mate of mine is a York season ticket holder. He really really rates Walker. Says he is the best striker they have had in years, better then bishop, donaldson and brodie.

Says hes still got 2 years and that we would have to pay a lot for him, but no doubt the speculation will have already got him thinking and surely any bid would get him unsettled. MM wouldnt pay over the odds anyway. Could be a useful 4th striker i suppose and might be worth a punt.

He's a player who's impressed me a lot this season, I think he could be vital to York's promotion and they could suffer without him....hopefully IF we do go in for him we pay a fair price and don't try and be one of those clubs who rip off non league teams because they can.

I reckon he could do a job for us here but with Madine, Lowe and O'Grady do we need another striker? Would rather look at trying to produce one through the academy

We need four strikers. So, if Morrison isn't coming back anytime soon, we do need to get another striker in. Whether that be extending McGoldrick's loan til December then reassessing in Janaury, I dunno.

But how do you propose we just "produce" one from the academy. What sort of comment is that? We need a fourth striker now...this season...so what good is "producing" a striker from the academy.

There clearly isn't anything coming from the Academy that is any good from a striking point of view, and certainly nothing that is going to benefit us this season.

I think some people think producing players from the Academy is just a case of clicking your fingers and with a puff of smoke we have our very own Wayne Rooney.

We need four strikers. So, if Morrison isn't coming back anytime soon, we do need to get another striker in. Whether that be extending McGoldrick's loan til December then reassessing in Janaury, I dunno.

But how do you propose we just "produce" one from the academy. What sort of comment is that? We need a fourth striker now...this season...so what good is "producing" a striker from the academy.

There clearly isn't anything coming from the Academy that is any good from a striking point of view, and certainly nothing that is going to benefit us this season.

I think some people think producing players from the Academy is just a case of clicking your fingers and with a puff of smoke we have our very own Wayne Rooney.

By the looks of it, we probably are looking around for a fourth striker, but I got a feeling it won't be until January.

McGoldick's loan ended today and there has been no talk of extensions.

If we got say, Mellor, then he would have to be first choice I would say.

if we got this lad from York then maybe he would be less unhappy about biding his time for his opportunity.

Edited by Beholder

Guest Big Guns

Yes I know all about him we should sign him up now he's a reight player

Wots his name again

Edited by Big Guns

By the looks of it, we probably are looking around for a fourth striker, but I got a feeling it won't be until January.

McGoldick's loan ended today and there has been no talk of extensions.

If we got say, Mellor, then he would have to be first choice I would say.

if we got this lad from York then maybe he would be less unhappy about biding his time for his opportunity.

Yeah I agree.

And we are now in a position where, with the likes of Lowe, O'Grady and Madine, we can perhaps take a bit of a gamble on a player like this Walker.

But the fact remains, we can't sign anybody til January, and so unless we bring someone else in temporarily, we're going to be one striker short of what the four our manager stressed he needed to get the best out of the squad.