Jason Walker - York City Striker watched for a third time by our scouts

to go back 3 times and see him must mean he is good.

I'd say it probably means we have a better methodology when assessing players now - a lot of clubs with developed scouting will watch a player at least half a dozen times under various conditions before making a decision

I'd say it probably means we have a better methodology when assessing players now - a lot of clubs with developed scouting will watch a player at least half a dozen times under various conditions before making a decision

good to know.

Looks like they will be going back a fourth time then. lol

Good to see we are out scouting players now. Would be nice to poach a lower league gem from somewhere, I mentioned Danny Kedwell last year whos now gone to the Gills.

Do we know how big our scouting network is now and who's involved in it? Im guessing this is what led us to sign O'Grady and Lowe.

I was at this game.

City play good football, and this goal was outstanding. He's a good player Walkler, i think he might just ahve what it takes to do well at this level, who know about Championship standard though.

Worth a punt, but i think York paid about £70,000 for him in the summer.

I think that the club could be a little more pro-active in embracing any 'heads-ups' on lower/non-league players from fans etc.

I recently tried to alert GM to a non-league winger. It proved impossible to contact him, or any of his coaching/scouting team, but I was eventually given an email address for a staff member (Debbie Walker?).

Never heard anything back.

Apparently the lads just been invited up to Charlton for a trial.............

:mad:

"He then turned provider to deliver a right-wing cross that saw substitute Adriano Moké tee up Ashley Chambers for the 86th-minute winning goal. "

He was the kid we had on trial before last season! Good that he got a club eventually.

Yes they signed him in the summer too. Does ok in the Conference.