Jason Walker - York City Striker watched for a third time by our scouts

Scored today then went off injured, thing is Walker is involved in what could be a promotion season at York whereas if he was to take a move he'd be struggling to get a game. As you're also sat third and such a huge club why do you want to buy non league players anyways?

Surely he'd be blown away by massive attendances week in week out playing against such opponents as Colchester Bury and Walsall, also Sheffield is such a huge City compared to York with massive footballing history I could imagine he'd be mesmerized away by it all!?

Leave Walker at York smashing goals in against the Dog and Duck and go looking for someone more befitting Wednesday's status, I hear Tevez is looking for a loan move and the rail links from Manchester to Sheffield are spot on!

I have been watching Jason Walker since he used to play for Barrow. He is from that area.

He has always been a prolific goalscorer and has scored regularly for Barrow, Luton during a short spell there ...and now York. He has a good football brain, a commendable attitude, is determined ...holds the ball well ... has a terrific shot ...is willing to try ( and score with ) long range speculative shots... and is good with his head for his size ...( about 5'10" ). He is most comfortable playing as a link player between an out and out striker ...and the midfield. He is certainly not fast ... but is strong ( as opposed to muscular ). At around 27 years old he is possibly not going to improve markedly as a forward in the future. He doesn't seem phased by the 'big arena ' - evidence - recent goals at Wembley and at Middlesbrough in the FA Cup

Could he make it in League One. ? I would have said he was worth a try ...but he may lack the pace to perform well at a higher level. He was on trial with Doncaster Rovers around 2 years ago ...and scored for them more than once during a pre-season trial. They decided against signing him as they had options ( including Billy Sharpe as it turned out) with proven league experience.

That's all I can add to this debate ... hope it helps. :smile:

Edited by kikka