Neil Mellor

Guest intercity0wl

It's true with Watford out of the running the odds are slightly better though it's a dangerous game we are playing How dangerous depends on how confident we are of securing his services and what alternative options we've lined up We've been down this road before with Scot Carson

It's true with Watford out of the running the odds are slightly better though it's a dangerous game we are playing How dangerous depends on how confident we are of securing his services and what alternative options we've lined up We've been down this road before with Scot Carson

Thanks for the insight I'll email our CEO to get you onto the board..we need a real football man at the club

if Mellor wants to return to the champ, i can respect that. in which case, he should decline our interest and not keep us dangling. MM should push for a decision by serving an ultimatum. if he needs to be persuaded to join, or will only sign if no champ offer is tabled, then we should draw a line under the matter and move on. we don't want to be someone's safety net. i don't like the thought of having to convince players to join us. GM has spoken of the need for attitudes to change amongst the squad; if we're trying to sign players whose hearts and minds lie elsewhere, what kind of attitude are we buying into...?!

i Seem to remember Mellor having a period of sulking around the middle of Feb/'March? If he only wants to come to Wednesday if all other chances with other clubs fade away then we are taking a chance with him. We need players with passion who want to play for the club and not themselves. Whilst I understand he would like to play at Championship level, he needs to come clean with us. Hanging around waiting to see what happens might just loose us the chance to bring in different players for his role.

I had some doubts about his committment when he made the comments about joining Brighton. However, the only people we can really depend on for 100% committment and passion for Wednesday are the fans!

i Seem to remember Mellor having a period of sulking around the middle of Feb/'March? If he only wants to come to Wednesday if all other chances with other clubs fade away then we are taking a chance with him. We need players with passion who want to play for the club and not themselves. Whilst I understand he would like to play at Championship level, he needs to come clean with us. Hanging around waiting to see what happens might just loose us the chance to bring in different players for his role.

I had some doubts about his committment when he made the comments about joining Brighton. However, the only people we can really depend on for 100% committment and passion for Wednesday are the fans!

never going to happen mate - agree with rest tho

Guest intercity0wl

Back page of this mornings Star Quotes GM as saying it may be time to move on from this one and search for another striker, because as he says the record of the other strikers at the club last season does not fill him with confidence that they can povide the same number of goals as Mellor did ( 20 without being the penalty taker).

Must say i tend to agree that its time to look elsewhere, it was fine when other posters on here were rightly saying "it was only June, and no need to panic", its now less than a calendar month to the first league game, the clock is ticking.

Guest Sheff Owl

Apparently in the Star (can't find the article) it say's something like we could be ready to end it and move on to other targets...we can't wait around for him..

Well something along them lines...

to be fair to both Preston and Mellor, money will talk ... if we dont offer enough then Mellor will gladly flip off to Donny, Watford, or whomever is in the hunt for him and offers him the money

if we lose out on him, fair does .. look at someone else who's available and fingers crossed they can prove to be a good signing

Guest LittonOwl

Still think we need a forward with pace to compliment Madine.

He's probably only available on loan (if at all) but GM could do worse than go to his old club and enquire about Simon Cox.