Megson's "six"

Guest JonTheOwl66

Okay. 6 signings, 8/12 leaving.

I'd imagine they'd be seperate signings to the potential loan ones (Jones/Batth/Mellor).

When managers say 'experienced' it always connotes old, battling players. Dont think it'll be that, it'll be players who have played a lot of games at a young age.

But I genuinely have no idea who we could sign.

Okay. 6 signings, 8/12 leaving.

I'd imagine they'd be seperate signings to the potential loan ones (Jones/Batth/Mellor).

When managers say 'experienced' it always connotes old, battling players. Dont think it'll be that, it'll be players who have played a lot of games at a young age.

But I genuinely have no idea who we could sign.

FISHCAKE!!!!!!!!!!

You're back! Where've you been?

Dunno why so many fans are against experience and age - i wouldn't say no to Shaun Derry or Brynar Gunarsson in our centre midfield

Personally i can't think of naything worse than filling the squad with league1, 2 and non league players - don't give a poo poo how "hungry" they are

I'm rumbleing staving but you wouldn't want me playing full back....

Dunno why so many fans are against experience and age - i wouldn't say no to Shaun Derry or Brynar Gunarsson in our centre midfield

Personally i can't think of naything worse than filling the squad with league1, 2 and non league players - don't give a poo poo how "hungry" they are

Agree

what we need is a blend of youth and experience where hopefully the experience can be passed on to the young uns making them better players.

It's going to be interesting to see just how much money we do spend.

My gut feeling is we'll get a few freebies and then one or two big signings.

What we need is a signing that will get shirts sold (if you get me?)... someone that's really going to excite the crowd.

Would be nice....but how long have we been waiting for that elusive big signing.

First time we have had a bit of cash so let's hope this is the time!!

If we can attract em of course

Would be nice....but how long have we been waiting for that elusive big signing.

First time we have had a bit of cash so let's hope this is the time!!

If we can attract em of course

We've waited a while, that's for sure. But we finally have the finance, and I would think the pulling power, with a proven manager and chairman at the club.

We'l hopefully sign some quality players.

But I associate ageing players with the static football Irvine produced, if we can get some movement and energy from "older" players then great.

It's going to be really interesting to see how Megson's going to move some of the poo on that Irvine bought; especially when you consider some of the poo is being paid more than they'll get elsewhere or has come for a 'final payday'.

I can't think of any names but I think the positions for the six will be two centre halves, a left back, a left winger, a central midfielder and a forward.

Edited by shandypants

Sammy Clingan?

Robert Earnshaw?

Rob Jones?

These sprang to mind when he said experienced, I can see a big signing too this summer.

Next season we'll blow the pigs out of the water. :laugh:

really like this guy, proper terrier in CM, and is lethal in dead ball situations.

A big yes from me.

We'l hopefully sign some quality players.

But I associate ageing players with the static football Irvine produced, if we can get some movement and energy from "older" players then great.

Quality is the key word and age is immaterial - QPR didn't do badly with their "ageing" midfield lynchpin and their old and slow left back

We had our best team of my lifetime (and arguably the most dynamic in the country) with the likes of Waddle (signed at 32), Bright (signed at 30), Wilson (signed at 30), Anderson (signed at 35) - our 93 cup final team also contained the 30 year old Nilsson and the 31 year old Worthington

People get too stupid about age - like young = good, older = bad

It's about good signings and that's the be all and end all really

Guest bigbadbreeze

Danny Green at Daggers, think Megson commented he was there best player when we played them, highly rated!