Megson's "six"

Megson confirms on the OS that he has handed a list of six names to Aldridge and Milan as players he would like to sign. All "British, experienced and of the right character to get us where we want to go".

All will become clear in time but I think we will be pleasantly suprised as to who we go for, Milan seems to like being ambitious. Robbie Blake has been one name mentioned on here by various people, I'd say Rob Jones and Danny Baath would be another 2, Steve Howard?

It certainly shows there will be a fair few leaving which is good.

Megson confirms on the OS that he has handed a list of six names to Aldridge and Milan as players he would like to sign. All "British, experienced and of the right character to get us where we want to go".

All will become clear in time but I think we will be pleasantly suprised as to who we go for, Milan seems to like being ambitious. Robbie Blake has been one name mentioned on here by various people, I'd say Rob Jones and Danny Baath would be another 2, Steve Howard?

If Megson wants to keep a core squad of 23/24 as was stated.......he needs to get rid of at least 12 players! :blink:

Should be interesting, if not a bit messy.

Edited by Weshallovercome

Interesting... Megson definitely reads Owlstalk. He knows that Owlstalk would be boring over summer because of the disappointing season so he says their are 6 new players that he wants. So now their will be speculation ALL summer about who these six players are. And their will be a lot more people ITK throughout the summer :biggrin: :biggrin:

Preparing for next season before this ones finished I like it. :biggrin:

Interesting... Megson definitely reads Owlstalk. He knows that Owlstalk would be boring over summer because of the disappointing season so he says their are 6 new players that he wants. So now their will be speculation ALL summer about who these six players are. And their will be a lot more people ITK throughout the summer :biggrin: :biggrin:

The names count for nothing, look how positive everyone was last summer. We just can't judge til the season gets into swing.

BREAKING NEWS - ECCY OWL IS DEFINATELY ITK ABOUT SUMMER SIGNINGS BUT NOT LETTING ON JUST YET!! :biggrin:

Guest Saturday Owl

Sammy Clingan?

Robert Earnshaw?

Rob Jones?

These sprang to mind when he said experienced, I can see a big signing too this summer.

Next season we'll blow the pigs out of the water. :laugh:

Why?

Just my personal opinion.

i think there are a number of factors why we failed with a promotion chllenge this season, but the main reason in my opinion was the recruitment of players at the twighlight of their careers.

For me more recruitment needs to take place from teams around us who have played a majority of games around league one. its a horses for courses plicy for next season, then build again if successful.

I worry that someone like Earnshaw would not be fully commited and also his number one ability of pace, may be going.

Teale, Sedgwick and Morrison havre all shwon that buying players from higher divisions doesnt always prove to be the right move.

If i was GM, I'd be sniffing round Rochdale, Exeter etc, offering terms to players who will further their career by coming to us.