Megson's "six"

Danny Green at Daggers, think Megson commented he was there best player when we played them, highly rated!

completely agree Green looks very good and would step into our right mid slot with ease. He is a must sign and looks value for money, Mcdermot Man City player who has been on loan for a couple of years also looks very good.. Both would be availible for less than 200k each.

Gary if you are listening do the business, the last thing we want is journey men (like me have) coming in for a pay out i.e. Robbie Blake

Guest foreverSWFC

Gavin McCann from Bolton i reckon is nailed on, expierienced player who Megson played alot at his time at Bolton.

Guest foreverSWFC

Dunno why so many fans are against experience and age - i wouldn't say no to Shaun Derry or Brynar Gunarsson in our centre midfield

Personally i can't think of naything worse than filling the squad with league1, 2 and non league players - don't give a poo poo how "hungry" they are

I'm rumbleing staving but you wouldn't want me playing full back....

What i think the problem fans have with expierience is that it has failed us this season. The likes of Morrison, Teale, Sedgwick have been awful, and seems like they have just come here to earn a wage and not fight.

Pesonally, i can't think of anything BETTER than filling your squad with young, exciting lower league players. Blend the old with the young. That is what teams like Norwich and Leeds did in this league, and now they are pushing for promotion to the premier league a year on.

Your missing the point, are you saying players 'below' our team are not good enough? If so you really need to learn a bit more about football my friend.

Guest Distraught!

Your missing the point, are you saying players 'below' our team are not good enough? If so you really need to learn a bit more about football my friend.

I think Scram's point is players are either good enough or not good enough, the right player or not the right player and within reason age should not be the deciding factor. On the point about football knowledge, challenging Scram could prove to be an unwise decision!

What i think the problem fans have with expierience is that it has failed us this season. The likes of Morrison, Teale, Sedgwick have been awful, and seems like they have just come here to earn a wage and not fight.

Pesonally, i can't think of anything BETTER than filling your squad with young, exciting lower league players. Blend the old with the young. That is what teams like Norwich and Leeds did in this league, and now they are pushing for promotion to the premier league a year on.

You're on a bit of a roll.........personally, I'd put the shovel down.

Guest Distraught!

No more Scottish players please!

So we should reject players based on their nationality and not ability?

Just because we have made a few loose signings that have been Scottish, you cannot write all Scottish players off. We have also signed our fair share of crocks and donkeys that haven't been Scottish!

I wouldn't mind us to accidentally stumble on the next Law, Dalglish or Souness. Or MacLean for that matter!

Guest foreverSWFC

You're on a bit of a roll.........personally, I'd put the shovel down.

Why? It's a valid point, which makes sense. We should be looking towards the likes of, Danny Green, James Berrett, Cody McDonald, Will Hoskins, etc. These players add pace to side, are young, hungry and would probably jump at the chance to play for a team like Wednesday. We mix those players in with the likes of Rob Jones, Tommy Miller and possibly Steve Howard, and we have got the formula of a promotion winning side.

We need to start looking to the future, expierience has failed us in the past.

Gavin McCann from Bolton i reckon is nailed on, expierienced player who Megson played alot at his time at Bolton.

I am sure McCann is already a free agent and has been recovering from a year long lay off with injury. Maybe he could give Tommy Miller a run for the worst injury record

A lot of the names suggested would surely improve us but how many of them would elevate us to near promotion certainties? Also I can see why Megson would favour bringing in players with experience but it would be wrong for him to discount the value of youth. Some of the most exciting players seen at Hillsborough this season have talented youngsters on season long loans from the Premiershipp. It is a system used by a lot of our rivals because it enables you to acquire, albeit temporarily, a level of skill not usually found at this level.

Guest ps12592

Mellor would be an obvious choice but whether Phil Brown sees that he's just scored 20 goals this season in the league his team is playing in will sway his judgement.

Rob Jones would be a good choice

I would also like to see Will Hoskins at hillsborough and the left winger mason from Plymouth, both are young enough to develop into championship players.

Need to inject some pace into the side

I'll be royally fooked off if one of them isnt Mellor.

Another name I heard yesterday... Julian Bennett. Think he's been crocked for years though. Bout reyt for us. :biggrin:

The majority of players we hear mentioned have terrible injury records :biggrin:

Guest foreverSWFC

Lloyd Dyer from Leicester? In contract i'm not sure whether he is getting a look in at Leicester, fairly expierienced, Mandaric connection an all that. Could be one of the six.

For me it has to be some of the below:

Danny Green RM - D&R

Donal McDermott RM an LW - Man City Played a lot of games on loan and now needs a club

Danny Pugh LW - Bournemouth

Will Hoskins Att - Britsol Rovers

Rob Jones CD - Sflaphorpe

D. Batth CD - Wolves (only chance is on loan if Wolves stay up), but has to be worth 500k at least

G Boyd - Peterborough (they should have financial issues next year and will nead to move a few on)

Mellor - Preston

and then a big bastar*d of a cen mid who can sit there break up play and keep it nice and simple.

Move on the below:

Hinds - Out of contract

Reynolds - unless he puts on a few pounds and starts playing to his potenial

JOC - Out of contract and to slow

Sedgwick - Offers nothing and struggles on our huge pitch

Hefferham - Must do something in training to never get a look in

C. Morrison - MR "I have goals in me"

M Morrison - clearly not good enough

Spurr - Will go to Leeds due to his Dad's ties and being a Leeds lad

Will be stuck with Potter and Teale who hopefully will up there game next season (maybe Clinton). Retain Miller and JJ for another year on a lower wage geared towards appearance money and 100% retain Buxton