Leicester arrange Real Madrid pre-season friendly

If this is Mandaric's legacy kicking in, then bring it on!

Of course, Leicester will have had to pay a rather large fee to attract them, and will probably make a big loss on the game, but what a coup for them.

Can't remember the last time I was genuinely excited about a pre-season friendly, perhaps PSV or Newcastle in the early 00's.

Maybe not Real (definitely not Real), but wouldn't it be nice if we could get a big name to Hillsborough.

Maybe a re-match with Kaiserslautern anyone?

Guest gringo69

Nothing less than our very own round robin tournament with Real, Barca and Milan will do.

Cant decide which format? Playstation, Wii or XBox.............? :biggrin::blink:

On a serious note, I do wonder what sort of fee the big clubs would ask for a game like this - if we had a big name we would get a crowd in the region of 15000 if these were all paying a £10 thats £150000. So an £12500 incentive to play - on second thoughts this is absolute pin money for a club who can pay upwards of £250000 per week to a single player - we have no chance of a big name - Wigan/Birmingham it is then!

Went to Shamrock Rovers v Real Madrid two pre seasons ago.

Was run by a management company charging 60 euro a ticket, I think they were playing similar 'money spinning' events in europe.

Was a fantastic night tho, Ronaldo's debut and Benzema and stuff, got some excellent photos.

Guest Saturday Owl

Would like a big name team but lets just play a few local teams down at S6, Rotherham would be a good one.