Leicester arrange Real Madrid pre-season friendly

We should have a South Yorkshire Tournament type thing ... like the Emirates Cup, but just for us :laugh:

All games Played up at Concord :biggrin:

Be nice to get a bit of silver ware pre season

Edited by darra

Can imagine Jose trottin' up to the players entrance at the South....

Steward " Nice scarf Jose"

Jose "Yes...bought it in Milan...finest silk...spun on the thighs of virgins...kneaded by the breasts of the most beautiful women in all Italy"

Steward...."did they say owt about a fire certificate?"

Guest The Producer

If this is Mandaric's legacy kicking in, then bring it on!

Of course, Leicester will have had to pay a rather large fee to attract them, and will probably make a big loss on the game, but what a coup for them.

Can't remember the last time I was genuinely excited about a pre-season friendly, perhaps PSV or Newcastle in the early 00's.

Maybe not Real (definitely not Real), but wouldn't it be nice if we could get a big name to Hillsborough.

Maybe a re-match with Kaiserslautern anyone?

Back in !993 (or was it 1994? ) when the mighty Owls were managed by Trevor Francis, I was in San Sebastian,Spain shooting a Ford Campaign. One evening I casually watched local TV ( and in complete amazement) saw Real Madrid play Sheffieid Wednesday in a friendly...I think we lost 4-1 but I distinctly remember Francis being interviewed on Spanish TV and proudly stating that the Owls are renowned for attacking and exciting football.

How times have changed...

Back in !993 (or was it 1994? ) when the mighty Owls were managed by Trevor Francis, I was in San Sebastian,Spain shooting a Ford Campaign. One evening I casually watched local TV ( and in complete amazement) saw Real Madrid play Sheffieid Wednesday in a friendly...I think we lost 4-1 but I distinctly remember Francis being interviewed on Spanish TV and proudly stating that the Owls are renowned for attacking and exciting football.

How times have changed...

Wasn't it played behind closed doors? Think Sheridan scored.

As for this pre-season, how about VfL Bochum? (currently in the play-off spot of Bundesliga 2), it's Sheffield's twin city.

If we can't attract a big name, how about a bit of nostalgia? Invite Spora Luxembourg back over? Big game for them, something we can bill up as something we are looking forward to doing again in the future.

They dont exist anymore..... :biggrin:

Guest The Producer

Wasn't it played behind closed doors? Think Sheridan scored.

As for this pre-season, how about VfL Bochum? (currently in the play-off spot of Bundesliga 2), it's Sheffield's twin city.

I think you're right..come to think of it there were no supporters as such but it was televised on Spanish TV and really was amazing to watch.

Real Madrid versus Sheffield Wednesday!

One day....one day it'll happen again

Believe :biggrin: