Daniel Jones

As long as Spurr isn't in at left back I'll be a lot happier.

Got nothing against the lad, he just needs to have a crack at another position, maybe as a holding midfielder. He's got the energy and the height to do a job there I reckon. He'll never be a top left back that's for sure.

Adomah came from Barnet and was class on fifa 10 last season in my Notts County manager mode.

Now back to reality.. he's a quick winger who scored bag loads for a poor Barnet side last season and they got him for peanuts because of contract expiration.

The step up hasn't phased him at all, just wish we could have nipped in for him.

Thanks mate. Appreciated.

A class above tommy and should start every game, defensively might still need some work but so does tommy.

It all comes down to what type of team we want to be so much of negative hoofball that gets complained about so often comes from the fact that spurr, beevers and purse cant pass. All decent passing teams have 'cultured' full backs in the jones mould who are actually comfortable with the ball at their feet. Spurr will be fine playing left back in the lower leagues where you just head and smash it clear but where now in a position to be putting a proper team together thats capable of competing at the top end of the championship.

Guest bigblue

I actually make more allowances for Irvine than most; but the one thing I really can't understand above all else is his failure to spot that Spurr is terrible and Jones is potentially great. It's not like it's a close run thing and you can see it either way. As far as I'm concerned, you either recognise that Jones is massively better than Spurr, or you have no clue whatsoever about football.

I actually make more allowances for Irvine than most; but the one thing I really can't understand above all else is his failure to spot that Spurr is terrible and Jones is potentially great. It's not like it's a close run thing and you can see it either way. As far as I'm concerned, you either recognise that Jones is massively better than Spurr, or you have no clue whatsoever about football.

You don't have any badges, so your opinion doesn't count. :rolleyes:

Players don't instantly become exceptional in every game. It takes time and ultimately hours on the pitch.

I've said this before, if we believe Jones is the answer, which many do then we need to give him time on the pitch to mature into a quality player.

Last season he got a run of 17 games in this league with Bristol and was apparently brilliant. We need to give him game time between now and the end of the season and see him mature as a player. He's got attributes to his game which Spurr will never have so if we can work on the defensive side of his game then we have a good player on our hands.

Its simple, lets give him the hours on the pitch and see him develop as a player. He wont develop warming the bench.

I've been a big fan of Jones since the Stocksbridge game pre-season where he offered what he offered yesterday and got forward quickly and often. He's not the finished article by a long chalk and needs reminding by the coaching staff about where on the pitch he needs to be and what he needs to be doing, but he's got the attributes to become a proper player.

I've been a big fan of Jones since the Stocksbridge game pre-season where he offered what he offered yesterday and got forward quickly and often. He's not the finished article by a long chalk and needs reminding by the coaching staff about where on the pitch he needs to be and what he needs to be doing, but he's got the attributes to become a proper player.

We said the same at the Stocksbridge game, i know the opposition wasnt up to much, but Jones looked really good.

Just want him to get a chance now.