Daniel Jones

Was hoping to get back and see a Daniel Jones thread.

Excellent show from him today, good professional job by the whole team.

The solid defensive performance in the first half allowed us to go and have a go at them after half time, was brilliant to see.

Glad we had the right man at left back today, had the pace to deal with their wide man, didnt give him an inch, and that cross for Mellors goal was unbelievable.

Well done Daniel.

Guest Saturday Owl

As if he would go to Bristol City :laugh: Very impressive today and needs a good run in the team ahead of Spurr.

Did they boo him for being on loan at the gas last season, I can't remember.

Should be given a go now but his positional play needs to improve.

Agree. There are a few flaws in his defensive game. But he's got so much more to offer than Spurr. Obviously going forward he blinds him, defensively they're about on a oar, but Jones as a lot of pace that gets him out of a few sticky positions.

He's got A LOT of potential. He needs games to help him fulfil that potential.

I really hope he's given them.

Guest Saturday Owl

They think he'd leave a club richer than Man Utd, and going places, to join Bristol City?

Who is Adomah anyway? Never heard of him. Is he good enough to get in our reserve team?

:rolleyes:

Adomah came from Barnet and was class on fifa 10 last season in my Notts County manager mode.

Now back to reality.. he's a quick winger who scored bag loads for a poor Barnet side last season and they got him for peanuts because of contract expiration.

The step up hasn't phased him at all, just wish we could have nipped in for him.

Agree. There are a few flaws in his defensive game. But he's got so much more to offer than Spurr. Obviously going forward he blinds him, defensively they're about on a oar, but Jones as a lot of pace that gets him out of a few sticky positions.

He's got A LOT of potential. He needs games to help him fulfil that potential.

I really hope he's given them.

Can't argue with that

Guest owls_4_life

Glad to hear he performed really well. Hopefully he will get a decent run in the team now and build on what he's shown so far.

Guest s6 owls fan

i'm happy for danny jones hes got a brilliant left foot, phill king said he had a cracker sounded like he kept their winger quite very well.

Daniel Jones MUST be given a long period in the team.

Really pissed me off that he hasn't so far.

Got to agree with that mate !

DJ is the fastest player in the squad ... with a decent run in the side i think he would start to shine. While ever Tommy is on one of his wobble's surely now has got to be the time to start !