Daniel Jones

Hard to pick out who played well in the second half. They were all exceptional.

All of em TBH.

Good point it seems Jonesy benefitted from playing with M Morrison and THE RADIATOR obviously as this is a team game after all ,hopefully this is the start of something well done lads and a certain Mr Irvine

I've been a big fan of Jones since the Stocksbridge game pre-season where he offered what he offered yesterday and got forward quickly and often. He's not the finished article by a long chalk and needs reminding by the coaching staff about where on the pitch he needs to be and what he needs to be doing, but he's got the attributes to become a proper player.

Anyone who was at the Stocksbridge game pre season will have seen things in Daniel Jones that he has not shown in his game since, prior to yesterday.

At Bracken Moor Jones showed what an asset his pace is going forward. It is however the only time I have seen his team mates play the ball into the space behind the opposition full back to allow Jones to run onto and exploit. Quite simply there are few full backs who could turn and outpace Jones when this tactic is employed even if they have ten yards or so start on him. This is something we need to work on; get Jones overlapping and exploit the space behind the full back rather than giving him the ball at his feet and expecting him to dribble with it which he is not great at.

Daniel has a lot of work to do on his defensive side and particularly his positioning when defending but he offers us something we desperately lack at present, pace.

Anyone who was at the Stocksbridge game pre season will have seen things in Daniel Jones that he has not shown in his game since, prior to yesterday.

At Bracken Moor Jones showed what an asset his pace is going forward. It is however the only time I have seen his team mates play the ball into the space behind the opposition full back to allow Jones to run onto and exploit. Quite simply there are few full backs who could turn and outpace Jones when this tactic is employed even if they have ten yards or so start on him. This is something we need to work on; get Jones overlapping and exploit the space behind the full back rather than giving him the ball at his feet and expecting him to dribble with it which he is not great at.

Daniel has a lot of work to do on his defensive side and particularly his positioning when defending but he offers us something we desperately lack at present, pace.

we were at home (can't remember who against)...and he burn't past players, but his final ball was a bit giddy...would love to see him used in left side midfield more...

I wonder what D.Jones would be like CM ?

He's got pace to burn...... could he be good attacking midfielder ? .... he'd also be handy at back-tracking to help in defence duties.

I think he should be left at left back because he's got so much pace he can track back quickly and he can always play well against someone with pace. Also he works well down the left wing and can deliver crosses on the overlap.

I wonder what D.Jones would be like CM ?

He's got pace to burn...... could he be good attacking midfielder ? .... he'd also be handy at back-tracking to help in defence duties.

He would be awful! He hasn't exactly been gifted with passing ability, vision or a great footballing brain.

He should be given a chance to perform at left back.

The absolute worst case scenario is that we end up with an inconsistent player who isn't really suited to the position and who lets the rest of the defense down, and we concede too many goals by right wingers exposing us down that side of the pitch. And if that happens, we'll have lost nothing on what we'd have if we'd have persisted with Spurr.

Give the lad a chance. There's no logical reason not to.

Guest Darkus Owlus

Strange comments on their board - do you they seriously think he'd take a step down and join City?

We could be swapping divisions! Even if we aren't we're a better supported and now debt free club. We're only going to rise.

He's still quite raw, but I like him a lot.

He's got the technical ability that you can't teach. He's not really a defender yet, but that is something you can teach.

What I like most about him is that he's comfortable with the ball at his feet, always looks to go forward and beat his man. Very few players in our squad will do that - most pass it backwards and sideways.

Massive potential in that lad.