VOTE FOR THE NEW AWAY KIT DESIGN

Let me explain the process.

PUMA present a number of shirt designs to clubs and clubs have to pick one of the designs. A discussion is then had about colour options.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how restricted we are with colour options - referees have a certain amount of colours that you can't really touch, you have to weigh up any clashes with your other kits (home and third), goalkeeper shirts are only available in specific colours and you can't clash with those, there's limits on colours in the manufacturing process, player and manager preferences, you can't have the same colours as your last away shirt, etc. Honestly, you genuinely wouldn't believe it. I know I didn't understand it until I sat in one of these meetings suggesting green and white hoops, silver and purple, sky blue, etc, etc, and got knocked back...

We also had a brief that for this season the shirt had to be fairly plain and bright as a contrast to last season's black shirt (which isn't popular in evening games!) and we wanted to have the Sheffield Wednesday blue incorporated into the trim.

So all in l we were left with very few colour options.

Now, I can understand the reaction with the pink shirt option - it is pretty radical - however we looked at the popularity of the Everton away shirt for this season (which had a very similar reaction to their fans when it was released) which has sold well and is very popular and so we decided to at least put it to vote and let the fans decide (the Everton one is here: http://evertondirect....aspx?pid=72206 ).

Unfortunately, you can't get the actual shades and textures from a flat image like these. The colours are actually quite nice and you have to imagine them on the shirt material.

As with all votes of this nature you might not like some of the options (last year we had similar comments) and in some instances you might not like any of the options (we can't please all the people all the time), but we're trying our best to consult with supporters. Please do take a moment to look them over and vote for the one that you think is best out of the three options.

mate - Seriously, you have to look at the fact the Blades are now voting on this!! How about a show of colour cards at the next home game in a sort of Aprentice hired or fired type thing?! At least then you'd know it's only Owls voting.

Let me explain the process.

PUMA present a number of shirt designs to clubs and clubs have to pick one of the designs. A discussion is then had about colour options.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how restricted we are with colour options - referees have a certain amount of colours that you can't really touch, you have to weigh up any clashes with your other kits (home and third), goalkeeper shirts are only available in specific colours and you can't clash with those, there's limits on colours in the manufacturing process, player and manager preferences, you can't have the same colours as your last away shirt, etc. Honestly, you genuinely wouldn't believe it. I know I didn't understand it until I sat in one of these meetings suggesting green and white hoops, silver and purple, sky blue, etc, etc, and got knocked back...

We also had a brief that for this season the shirt had to be fairly plain and bright as a contrast to last season's black shirt (which isn't popular in evening games!) and we wanted to have the Sheffield Wednesday blue incorporated into the trim.

So all in l we were left with very few colour options.

Now, I can understand the reaction with the pink shirt option - it is pretty radical - however we looked at the popularity of the Everton away shirt for this season (which had a very similar reaction to their fans when it was released) which has sold well and is very popular and so we decided to at least put it to vote and let the fans decide (the Everton one is here: http://evertondirect....aspx?pid=72206 ).

Unfortunately, you can't get the actual shades and textures from a flat image like these. The colours are actually quite nice and you have to imagine them on the shirt material.

As with all votes of this nature you might not like some of the options (last year we had similar comments) and in some instances you might not like any of the options (we can't please all the people all the time), but we're trying our best to consult with supporters. Please do take a moment to look them over and vote for the one that you think is best out of the three options.

Fair enough, and it's nice that Puma managed to do the bases. When are tehy putting the design bit on? Feel it's a bit soon to vote while they're incomplete.

mate - Seriously, you have to look at the fact the Blades are now voting on this!! How about a show of colour cards at the next home game in a sort of Aprentice hired or fired type thing?! At least then you'd know it's only Owls voting.

Wednesday fans voted on United's home kit this year to try and sabotage it.

I fully expected blades to vote on this.

I'm monitoring voting patterns and IP addresses, etc.

There's more Wednesday fans going to vote than the minority of blades fans that would ever be bothered to vote anyway.

Let's not concentrate on THEM. Let's concentrate on US and encourage all ednesday fans to get their votes in.

Its not about pink being perceived as gay, its about it being the colour of pigs. United fans have started a get the pigs in pink campaign within an hour of these designs being released. I'm amazed it took them so long to be honest. Whoever has sanctioned this needs sacking.

The only time a man should touch pink clothing is when he's taking it off a woman.

Worrying too much about our image and perception in front of Blades fans.Theyve played in red/white streaky kit for years!!

Wear the pink kit with pride and show them who the bigger men are rather than indulge their childlike 'gay/piggy' quips!!

You being a model should know about style!!Vote PINK!!

but we're trying our best to consult with supporters

I want the pink one, so I'll be happy if that is the winner. But with this comment above it is clear as day (and was before these kits went to voting) that Unitedites would vote for pink, so whilst you are consulting with the fans, there will be 1000's of Blades also influencing the choice. That is rather unfair (but rather funny, just cos it'll ensure - hopefully - we get the colour I want!).

But do Evertons rivals call them the Pigs?

Someone at the club with half an ounce of sense should have realised that pink wasnt going to work, but we are talking about Sheffield Wednesday here aren't we? The club that makes it difficult to get tickets to watch their own bloody team, the club that has sold overpriced tat in its club shop for years, the club that encouraged people to buy flags and vuvuzelas only for them to be taken off fans when they entered the ground. You book a stadium tour and have to come back the following week because they cant locate the tour guide.

Why am I not surprised ?

I'll put this in here aswell cos I think it's a chuffing good idea:

Can some of the proceeds not go to a Breast Cancer charity if we do get the pink one?

If we don't have the childrens hospital as sponsor next year then it would be another great cause.

Is it possible Deejayone?

However, this is a good idea, and would get my pink vote

Why did it have to be a plain kit after this years? This years kit was well received because it was something a bit different. Even if it were something as simple as a blue diagonal line across the middle or a pin stripe it would be better but these are basically plain shirts in crap colours. It is like we are picking from the PUMA bargain bin and this is all that was left. There is no single defining feature for 2 of those shirts and the only other one is shocking pink! If you are going to have pink at least put a black stripe on it to break it up a bit.

Just not bothered...

So every other club will have a choice of orange, green, pink or black for their away kit next season? Surely there were other colours we could have had.

Cream with blue trim

White with blue trim

Purple with blue trim

The whole gamut of yellow with blue trim

Really deep burgundy

Gold

Silver

Off white

Its not so much the colours, if it was green, orange or yellow it'd be fine. Its the fact that united are campaigning to get us playing in pink. Get the pigs in pink is the campaign. Does that not raise a little red flag? No alarms going off? No sense of regret? Come on Wednesday, withdraw the pink please. :blush:

I'll put this in here aswell cos I think it's a chuffing good idea:

Can some of the proceeds not go to a Breast Cancer charity if we do get the pink one?

If we don't have the childrens hospital as sponsor next year then it would be another great cause.

Is it possible Deejayone?

Hopefully we'll be partnered with the Children's Hospital in some way shape or form on an ongoing basis and so I'd like to continue helping them, as a local charity, rather than other charities personally.

That doesn't mean we can't have collections for other charities like Breast Cancer, etc, though.

Three completely uninspiring designs. Personally I couldn't stand that green colour (it would help if the illustrations were at least semi-realistic, not drawn up in Microsoft Paint by a four year old) and we had bright orange, what, one season ago?

So yeah, I went for the pink one, which I think has got a fairly good chance of winning actually. Is there any way to see the current results?

Why can't you show pictures of the actual material? Even a sample pic of just the materiel along side the kit "designs" would help.

And seriously there are almost as many pigs on various forums as there are Owls, there vote will make a difference, We weren't that fussed about messing with their vote, but lets be honest if they'd had a pink option we'd have been all over it.

How will monitoring IP's help? Just lead to some random location in Sheff or whatever, it wont tell you if they're Owls or not!