VOTE FOR THE NEW AWAY KIT DESIGN

kitvote1112-options.jpg

If Orange has already been ordered then just say so! There's no point bluffing that there are alternatives of grass/goallie green and piggin' pink (neither of which are feasible for obvious reasons) just to make it look like there's been some consultation with the fans!

I'd be embarrassed to watch let alone play for Wednesday wearing green or pink. All very poor unimaginative designs, of which the Orange is just the least poor.

There's been no end of good and imaginative kit designs posted on here *; why not let Puma embrace the user input (the 'community engagement') and say our fans have done the initial design work for you, all you need to do is finesse it and make sure the fabric's decent quality and it'll sell by the truck-full!

PS

Any deal between Wednesday and Puma for the green/pink/orange kits needs to be on a strict sale or return basis!

Do not get stitched up with a job lot of kits that nobody wants!

* Edit: I don't mean just this thread, there's been quite a few threads over the last year or so that had great ideas.

Edited by Key

Seriously, can we have a NONE OF THESE THREE SHIRTS option when voting, because they are so awful I refuse to vote for any, further more, I always buy the kit for my son and the shirt for myself, but if any of these three kits are brought in, my hand will stay firmly in my pocket.

See-ing as this season we re-visited a kit from the past, why can't we do the same next season and bring back the old Celtic style kit, it's got to be better than those 3 hiddeous designs.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'll put this in here aswell cos I think it's a chuffing good idea:

Can some of the proceeds not go to a Breast Cancer charity if we do get the pink one?

If we don't have the childrens hospital as sponsor next year then it would be another great cause.

Is it possible Deejayone?

Briiliant idea

Everything is above board, the pigs are having no influence on this vote. We've been monitoring IP addresses and voting patterns and found that all votes thus far are from the Sheffield area and have all been made at some point today.

STOP CONCENTRATING ON THE BLADES.

They won't influence the vote.

We have ways and means of discounting their votes (I'm not telling you what as that will help them get around it).

Just vote for the one YOU prefer and encourage all other Wednesday fans to.

Guest Triplej2

Apart from the colours being vile, what are those 2 stripes all about?? Totally unimaginative and pointless. some designer is getting paid fortunes for that rubbish.

I thought Puma were a classy kit manufacturer but some of the sh*te they've been putting out lately is embarrassing.

Didn't someone on here try to get us voting on their next kit?

Guaranteed they'll have a thread on PigsMad soon enough all voting for that piggy pink one! What idiot came up with that for us?!!! Brilliant! :dry:

I am the guilty one. I have had texts galore from United fans who are all voting for our girly pink number. This should be withdrawn from the options immediately!!

Let me explain the process.

PUMA present a number of shirt designs to clubs and clubs have to pick one of the designs. A discussion is then had about colour options.

You wouldn't BELIEVE how restricted we are with colour options - referees have a certain amount of colours that you can't really touch, you have to weigh up any clashes with your other kits (home and third), goalkeeper shirts are only available in specific colours and you can't clash with those, there's limits on colours in the manufacturing process, player and manager preferences, you can't have the same colours as your last away shirt, etc. Honestly, you genuinely wouldn't believe it. I know I didn't understand it until I sat in one of these meetings suggesting green and white hoops, silver and purple, sky blue, etc, etc, and got knocked back...

We also had a brief that for this season the shirt had to be fairly plain and bright as a contrast to last season's black shirt (which isn't popular in evening games!) and we wanted to have the Sheffield Wednesday blue incorporated into the trim.

So all in l we were left with very few colour options.

Now, I can understand the reaction with the pink shirt option - it is pretty radical - however we looked at the popularity of the Everton away shirt for this season (which had a very similar reaction to their fans when it was released) which has sold well and is very popular and so we decided to at least put it to vote and let the fans decide (the Everton one is here: http://evertondirect.evertonfc.com/stores/everton/products/kit_selector.aspx?pid=72206 ).

Unfortunately, you can't get the actual shades and textures from a flat image like these. The colours are actually quite nice and you have to imagine them on the shirt material.

As with all votes of this nature you might not like some of the options (last year we had similar comments) and in some instances you might not like any of the options (we can't please all the people all the time), but we're trying our best to consult with supporters. Please do take a moment to look them over and vote for the one that you think is best out of the three options.

Listen to what your customers are telling you!