Sterland or Nilsson?

Roland was World Class.. a excellent player and never let you down..played in our recent glory years..

Zico.. was a working class hero, who was adored by most for his passion and playing style.. Cavelier and 150% effort every time..Although didn't like the time

when he was played up front for a while as a striker (Eustace era). Messed up the end of his era at Wednesday for me..

But Rolo was the better player..

Love them both thou..

What you mean no elaboration ? Ron Starling said He'd put Sterland Right mid-field ...rhetorically where would he then put Shez ? Nilsson and Sherridan went together like Sugar & Spice one has to elaborate.

However after Elaborating and deliberating I have reached the conclusion that it depends ! lol

Quality and culture with plenty of thought going into game then it has to be Nilsson every time !

Blood and Thunder, Passion and commitment one has to choose Sterland !

There was however another right back from the 60's who makes my top three right backs and that was Wilf Smith .

Regards

Having seen both make their debutsand their entire Owls careers i'd like to think my opinion is balanced

I respect your opinion Scram, and Zico was an excellent player, but Nilsson was streets ahead. Bobby Robson was a fine judge of a player, he gave Sterland a debut for England, took one look at him and decided Sterland wasn't international class, Nilsson was and then some.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Sterland was uyp against better players than him for the England spot - does the fact Hirsty didn't really get international recognition mean he wasn't all that as well?

As i said i don't think there was much between them but Rolly edges it overall - but i don't think it's even up for debate that Zico was considerably better at rampaging forward - and as a goal threat