Sterland or Nilsson?

Attacking or defending ?

Either, he was poo poo hot at both. In all his time with us, I only ever saw him make one mistake, and that was a back pass that cost us a goal at Old Trafford in the first leg of a game, we lost 1-0, then we got slaughtered 5-1 at Hillsborough.

There was a pole a couple of years ago conducted by Sky sports, for the best ever eleven since Sky started broadcasting, Nilsson was in the team.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Dalians shot

Thats like comparing David Hirst with Deon Burton

Nilsson was World Class. Sterland was a decent player but he signed for the Scum

Thats like comparing David Hirst with Deon Burton

No it isn't

Zico was also a very good player - i don't give a shot what anybody says but Zico was better going forward than Rolly and he undoubtedly carried a greater goal threat himself

But on balance Rolly was the better right back - but there isn't a huge gulf between them

Nillson is the best right back we have ever had, however Sterland is my favourite player particularly because of the threat he carried going forwards. Scored loads of spectacular goals for us and made plenty of others. Both in their prime would have walked into virtually any team in the country and we were very fortunate to have the one replacing the other.

Mind you my decision could be based on the fact that as a player myself (very low level) I was nicknamed "Zico" due to a passing resemblance both physically and in style of play. The bad news is I look like him now as well! :rolleyes:

Ironically, I was talking to two non- wednesday supporting mates tonight, and told them that Nilsson was the best right-back I have ever seen play live.

Which is true, I can't think of another right back since 1990/1991 who has been as good overall as Nilsson.

Of course I've never seen Sterland play, so I have no reference point. Really only the old timers can have a balanced opinion? Daveyboy?

This is very interesting on a few levels .

I loved Roly for his pure class and proffessionalism sp

But Zico just excited me so much with his forward runs and his eye for goal not forgetting he also came from the school of "Thy shall not pass " and to this day a dyed in the wool Owl