Pudil

Can only echo what's been said. I like Pudil but think he's maybe slowing down a bit with age, and that's just at left back.

If we are seriously going into a season where we are aiming at a tilt at the top two with Pudil as one of our back up CBs, after several transfer windows to sort it out, then I think playoffs is where we will be heading again.

Is it end of August that the window closes?

2 hours ago, Sam779 said:

Happy for him to be pairing with Lees at CB for the start of the season?

I love how so many people on here have either negged you or reacted badly to you because they dont understand the difference between a question and a statement.

2 hours ago, Sam779 said:

Happy for him to be pairing with Lees at CB for the start of the season?

We're in huge trouble if he does, I was at Burton last season.

Shocking if we start with that pairing. 

We'd be better off with Nuhiu at Center half.

Has to be Hutchinson at CB if we don't bring anyone in. 

I'd be 'ok' with us starting with Hutch and Lees. However, it is a massive risk. If the worst happpened and Lees got injured then that would be panic stations. 

I get that we don't want to pay over inflated prices but surely we could look at a younger loan from a prem team. Ideally we'd be looking like this at CB

Lees

New Signing 

Loovens

Young loan

Hutch (as he'll be needed in cm as is stands)

Pudil 6th choice

That is the strength in depth we should be looking at. Which I hope is where we are at when the window closes. 

3 minutes ago, DesWalker said:

Has to be Hutchinson at CB if we don't bring anyone in. 

I'd be 'ok' with us starting with Hutch and Lees. However, it is a massive risk. If the worst happpened and Lees got injured then that would be panic stations. 

I get that we don't want to pay over inflated prices but surely we could look at a younger loan from a prem team. Ideally we'd be looking like this at CB

Lees

New Signing 

Loovens

Young loan

Hutch (as he'll be needed in cm as is stands)

Pudil 6th choice

That is the strength in depth we should be looking at. Which I hope is where we are at when the window closes. 

Are Prem teams normally comfortable loaning their best young talent out to be fourth choice at a Championship club?

I'm not saying I don't agree with your opinion, but there can't be a Premier League club out there that would be happy knowing the CB they're giving us to try and develop wouldn't be a regular starter

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Are Prem teams normally comfortable loaning their best young talent out to be fourth choice at a Championship club?

I'm not saying I don't agree with your opinion, but there can't be a Premier League club out there that would be happy knowing the CB they're giving us to try and develop wouldn't be a regular starter

Valid point. I'd imagine some might be happy with youngsters being in and around the first team environment. Playing in cups and generally learning what it's like alongside pro's in a very competitive league. 

A prem team could view it as a challenge for a youngster to move away to a different team/environment. 

I suppose the counter arguement would be that we dont we don't want to be chucking in an inexperienced cb for a sustained period of time. However, cups and squad depth I don't really see a problem with it. Ideally we'd want it to be one of our own but I'm not clued up enough on our youth team to know if there's anyone ready to step up. 

A previous poster half right -. Better with a youth player i.e. O'Grady playing in his natural position than Pudil or Hutchinson 'doing a job' at CB

Hutch fine at CB - Jones an abler 'reserve' defensive midfielder than Pudil is at CB. Concerns about him similar to those about him at LB - slow on the turn, positionally he is often blind sided by runners and not particularly strong in the air. Would have been better retaining Sasso than relying on players out of position. Hope Glenn is on the mend and birthday boy Dean or Daniel Ayala on their way (I suspect not though).

1 hour ago, striker said:

No, Carlos learn to learn quickly that players need to play in their correct positions. Better with a youth player i.e. O'Grady playing in his natural position than Pudil or Hutchinson 'doing a job' at CB

I might be being picky but I think Carlos is too late to demonstrate his ability to learn this quickly....

3 hours ago, wednesdaywizard said:

I'd be happy with Hutch and Lees as our CB pairing.

Didn't these two start together for a few games last August? If I remember right we were shipping more goals than we should have until Loovens returned. 

It would be a mistake to start Pudil at CB, as bad as it is putting Bannan on the left. If Pudil does indeed start at CB at Preston, there will instantly be a negative vibe and will show that we're unprepared.

Can't see Loovens making it so there's an obvious worry there. Would rather see Connor O'Grady or Jordan Thorniley instead.

2 hours ago, Hodge78 said:

If Loovens isn't fit you'd expect Hutch all day long. But as we all know we need someone as Sasso isn't up to scratch. It's kind of crazy to have 6 strikers and 3 centre backs. The trills in training attach versus defence must be interesting 

Sasso could be up to scratch, it doesn't matter - he is contracted elsewhere!

23 minutes ago, Liamswfc92 said:

It would be a mistake to start Pudil at CB, as bad as it is putting Bannan on the left. If Pudil does indeed start at CB at Preston, there will instantly be a negative vibe and will show that we're unprepared.

Can't see Loovens making it so there's an obvious worry there. Would rather see Connor O'Grady or Jordan Thorniley instead.

anyone seen these two lads play? Any potential? First team ready?

23 minutes ago, modboy said:

anyone seen these two lads play? Any potential? First team ready?

Can't say I have. They both went to Portugal so it's a sign (maybe) that they could be involved in the league, and COG got a goal at Alfreton. We don't know if they're good enough so it's worth trying. They might feature in the Cup vs. Chesterfield as Carlos likes to rotate.