The southern seven

Anything to worry about here?

Cardiff, Bristol City, Reading, Brentford, Fulham, QPR and Millwall.

Last season we lost at Reading, won at QPR and drew at the rest (I think). If we want top two are we worried about any of these?

7 minutes ago, trumbullowl said:

Last season we lost at Reading, won at QPR and drew at the rest (I think). If we want top two are we worried about any of these?

Would expect Reading and Fulham to be there and there abouts.

Brentford are a funny one, if the can keep Jota and get Judge fully fitted there is no reason why they can't be up there.

Edited by Blue and white

5 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Would expect Reading and Fulham to be there and there abouts.

Brentford are a funny one, if the can keep Jota and get Judge fully fitted there is no reason why they can't be up there.

I'd go with that, wouldn't worry about the rest but those three should be decent. To add to what you mentioned about Brentford it looks like their highly rated defender Harlee Dean is gonna accept a new contract and stay. They could potentially be a dark horse.

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I had it in my head he went to Newcastle .....obviously not

They were reportedly very interested as were we, it was presumed they'd make a bid but the injury scuppered it.

Seven teams, of which I only back one for top six and one other for bottom six. The other five could do well or rubbish. 

So we could be looking for (expecting) 10 wins from 14. But it might be as low as four and mainly draws on our travels.

Refering to an earlier thread, "30 wins for autos": to get those 30, these (exclude Fulham/ Reading) are the teams we need to do the double over.

Cardiff will be up there. Fulham will be fancied but a lot may depend on keeping their squad together. Greater expectations may hamper Reading. Brentford could do well but depends on their start. Staying up will be success for Millwall. 50/50 what kind of seasons both Bristol City and QPR will have.

7 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

The only thing I'm worried about is your knowledge of UK geography. Cardiff and Bristol aren't southern Clubs. 

8 hours ago, trumbullowl said:

If anyone of you is worried about Friggin Warnock,Johnson,Holloway or Harris then i despair of you !!

3 hours ago, Prendo's boots said:

Cardiff will be very good this year...a right set of bas*@rds to play against...dont underestimate our mate Colin!!

The mans a fuc**ng clown, he'll keep em up just.      UTO 

3 hours ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Cardiff will be up there. Fulham will be fancied but a lot may depend on keeping their squad together. Greater expectations may hamper Reading. Brentford could do well but depends on their start. Staying up will be success for Millwall. 50/50 what kind of seasons both Bristol City and QPR will have.

You've missed the ? off for once.

4 hours ago, shandypants said:

The only thing I'm worried about is your knowledge of UK geography. Cardiff and Bristol aren't southern Clubs. 

Well I was trying to get to sleep one night and went through the Championship teams, and found it easiest to remember them all

by region. Came up with:

The southern seven (Cardiff, Bristol, Reading, Brentford, Fulham, QPR, Millwall (west to east there, my geography isn't too bad)

The East Anglian two (Ipswich, Norwich)

The Midlands six (Forest, Derby, Burton, Villa, Brum, Wolves)

The Roses five (Blades, Barnsley, Leeds, Preston, Bolton)

The Relegated three (Hull, Middlesborough, Sunderland

The Mighty Wednesday.

For top six I worry about Reading, Fulham, Norwich, Hull, Boro, Sunderland. For some reason I can't see the Midlands teams featuring.

I think it's a great division, really interesting this season.