Hutch's boro link

Wouldn't be adverse to him moving on providing we could pick up a combative central midfielder that can also be creative. 

I'm sure most wouldn't want to see him leave but something has to change because at the moment we have the following;

Bannan - Good passer, awful shot, lightweight in defensive duties

Lee - Good all round but lightweight in defensive duties

Hutch - Good all round without doing anything special. Not much offered going forward. Has a tendency to drop too deep to the detriment of the team

Jones - Average. Doesn't offer anything going forward

Abdi - Injured and rarely plays in the middle

Whatever combination of the above we're always missing something. Someone like Diame might be able to offer strength and muscle, whilst also chipping in with goals and assists.

Edit to say I'd happily keep him if we were to play him at centre back all of next season. 

Edited by Ballmeist

4 minutes ago, southportdc said:

Nobody is going to pay what he's worth to us because of his injury history.

His value increased tremendously with the decision to allow Sasso to leave.

Wait.

You were talking about his football value. Carry on.

Like the guy, love his passion, but if a decent offer came in i wouldn't be too upset if he went. Defensive mid is a position we need to improve on this summer, as is center back. That's going to push Sam down the pecking order and likely leave him as a bench player for us (when fit). We can't just hang onto players because we like them as people and appreciate what they've done in the past, the club needs to move forwards.

Im not for a second saying i dont rate him but would it really be that bad if he did move on?

He always misses games because of his chronic injuries & we look better without him in the side (the six game winning run being a prime example)

More than happy for him to stay, but you cant build a team around a player that is always going to miss a chunk of the season (granted he played more than I thought last season) 

1 minute ago, kilbyj said:

Might start an unsubstantiated BS rumour on Twitter and see how long it takes to land on here.

Any suggestions?

All in the name of science of course, an experiment!

Aston Villa in for Fletcher.

You heard it here first...

3 minutes ago, kilbyj said:

Might start an unsubstantiated BS rumour on Twitter and see how long it takes to land on here.

Any suggestions?

All in the name of science of course, an experiment!

You could start one saying JR is a half decent player and see if it gets to rocket!

Hutch at CB was the intention this season. We just got caught short by our muddled and aimless recruitment policy last summer. 

The balance of the midfield has to be top priority this year. If we get it right, we benefit the entire spine of the team and bring the best back out of individuals right through the team. That includes Hutch at CB.