If we sign a top quality defender would you keep Sasso?

The report was , as I read it, was x,y and z have contracts that are expiring, Wildsmith and Dawson have been offered new contracts.

Some of those remain will quite clearly not get offered new contracts but it maybe that we see how we fair in the market and if the likes of Sasso for instance is not fixed up we may offer him one.

Basically the club have said very little and quite right so.

2 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

My point was should we promote O'Grady rather than relying on none too reliable foreign imports?

No disrespect to the kid, but if we get a badly timed injury to a first choice defender, a couple of days before we travel away to Middlesbrough or somewhere equally tough, I'd feel a lot better knowing Sasso was stepping in than a young kid with no experience at all.

A couple of years ago when our ambitions were different we probably could have done it straight away, but we're a different club now and we want to win the championship and reach the PL this season ( I assume )  if these young lads are ready to play, lets have a look at them on loan somewhere and take it from there.

3 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

As far as reputable news sources go there has been no word on him staying or going... 

Our official website said Sasso's contract had come to an end, thanked them for their service, and wished him all the best for the future.

2 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

My point was should we promote O'Grady rather than relying on none too reliable foreign imports?

If O'Grady is currently good enough to step in to a team pushing for promotion to the Premier League then yes. If he isn't, then it's a no.

4 hours ago, Daizan10 said:

O'Grady's contract is also up as is Jordan Thorniley another centre back.  No guarantee  O'Grady will get a new contract at all. Plenty of other young centre backs and Jack Lee and Liam Williams are contracted for next season.