Callum Mcmanamum

I actually think there's a high possibility he'll be the next Aiden McGeady - but that doesn't mean I want to sign him, as McGeady needs a club lower down the table that are happy to build around him, just like McManaman. His attitude stinks and as much as he undoubtedly has talent, we can do better.

12 hours ago, Jamie_W said:

I don't want him for the nasty, spiteful attitude he displays if anything.

This is the reason why I'd take him we don't have enough of these, but sadly Macca was barely given a chance or hardly used

Edited by Mat-Owl

Maybe my memory failing?

Apart from Brighton away, what did he do to earn this reputation for wanting to fight?

I know he sulked after Udders at home. He was wrong to do do but I can understand his frustration. It followed the Wolves game, where he gave easily his best performance in our colours, so must have been gutted to find himself sub, and then watch 60 minutes of one of our most turgid performances of the season upto Ross's wonder strike.

I think maybe Carlos needs to let players like Macca and Mcgugan have more game time in the future.

With a lot of flare players, their attitude isn't always spot on but it's worth getting them in the team.

He clearly doesn't have the best attitude but I dont think thats the reason he didnt play because FF wouldn't get game time if that was an issue for Carlos. 

The issue is he doesn't trust/like tricky wingers with flair. Considering how much he loves Reach who is the most weak minded player we have , I dont quite understand it. 

16 hours ago, Reyt Part Timer said:

I would not.  Has many good qualities, but it is all let down by his ego which overshadows any team spirit.  Of course this is mere speculation from my own observations, but that is how I see him. and unfortunately Fernando has similar issues in my opinion.

Meanwhile whenever Buckley made an appearance he almost always looked lacklustre.

So your basing your opinion on CM on what you saw on TV during the Brighton away game?

FFS if I had been sat on the bench for 80 minutes most games watching the shower of poo that was on display at times and knowing I could do better than what I was watching but never getting the chance to prove it I think I would be wound up before I got on the pitch and would put myself about a bit...

Maybe Callum just saw what everyone but Carlos knows was lacking and tried to inject a bit of aggression and direction into our play.

Edited by House Stark

People say he didn't do much but he played about 300 mins in 5 months. My memory of what he did:

First game started against wolves and looked a threat but came off just after half time because he was lacking match fitness.

Middleborough- came on at half time and was our biggest threat.

Huddersfield- came on with about 5 mins to go and caused them problems and got an assist.

Brentford- came on after about an hour and was a threat and got an assist.

Leeds- granted didn't get involved at all.

Reading- chasing the game thought he looked a threat but probably could have scored. 

Other matches either got bit parts or I didn't see them so can't comment by overall I'd say for the time he got on the pitch he showed a fair bit. 

Why would he want to come here when he wasn't getting games last season? He doesn't fit CC's compact ideal so what's the point unless Carlos is planning on playing a more expansive game with wingers? For what it's worth I think if anyone gets him playing like he can he'd wee wee this league. Didn't he turn up late for training a few times down to the traffic and him living miles away?

If you had told me pre last season that we'd have Abdi, FF and Mcmanaman in our squad I'd have been over the moon with the potential flair and attacking options we'd have got. Shame / bad management CC couldn't get them playing in a formation to get the best out of them. 

10 minutes ago, Walt said:

Why would he want to come here when he wasn't getting games last season? He doesn't fit CC's compact ideal so what's the point unless Carlos is planning on playing a more expansive game with wingers? For what it's worth I think if anyone gets him playing like he can he'd wee wee this league. Didn't he turn up late for training a few times down to the traffic and him living miles away?

If you had told me pre last season that we'd have Abdi, FF and Mcmanaman in our squad I'd have been over the moon with the potential flair and attacking options we'd have got. Shame / bad management CC couldn't get them playing in a formation to get the best out of them. 

I was just reading that & suddenly started thinking of how good that would look with two sitting midfielders behind them. Then a choice of Rhodes, Hooper, Fletcher or Winnall in front.

Edited by 19owl08

we seem to go for bad boy underachievers

then carlos decides he doesn't like them

we need to have an overhaul and get some young fast players in on loan if necessary

this having 2 players for every position testicles is no use if the back up has no chance of getting a game

there is something rotten in our method and chansiri needs to sort it as he's chosen to keep carlos