So, we're leaving Hillsborough.

Let's face it. SAG and SYP have done (and continue to do) their level best to ruin Hillsborough for us.

Judging by the comments and responses at the steering group meeting last night I think it's safe to say they are succeeding on all levels and DC has gone as far as gauging our interest in moving away.

Not going to pretend I'm not raging angry about it but do we agree that a new stadium with less SAG/SYP red tape and bureaucracy is better than a Hillsborough with it?

Would it really make a difference? By the sounds of how SAG/ SYP make things up as they go along, we could have the single most purpose built/fit for purpose stadium in the country, its capacity would still be reduced by a good 7,000 buffer zone either side of away fans.

Because so may people got so many things wrong 30 years ago the ground is tarnished now.

It's a strange phenomenon though in all fairness.  Hillsborough was still used for cup finals/semis for YEARS after the disaster but recently, ever since the new enquiries, SAG and SYP seem to have really tightened their stranglehold on the ground (30 years is quite the knee jerk reaction!).

The lepping lane end needs flattening and redeveloping.  We all know this, Chansiri will know this.  Hopefully after this has been done some of the shackles will come off.

Not saying I would go so far as to say I would never step foot in the new stadium but if Sheffield Wednesday did move then I wouldn't go as often especially if it was outside the cities border.

Sheffield Wednesday not playing at Hillsborough and not playing in blue and white stripes. Then sorry not going to make the effort to pay OTT ticket prices.

Just don't think there is the space on the current site to ever fully assuage the SAG. I take no pleasure in saying it, but I think at some point we are bound to move away from the current location. However, I don't think that's a really pressing need, especially in the Championship. 

Will cross post what I typed in the Steering Group thread.

TLDR; I think a new stadium is inevitable, and in suggesting fans will be consulted on a new stadium vs redeveloping Hillsborough I bet this is a LOT closer to reality than we think.

To be honest, I'd be absolutely shocked if a stadium move isn't under serious consideration behind the scenes at Hillsborough.

The fella reporting on the meeting on Twitter specifically mentioned fans would be consulted if this was on the table. Is that confirmed? If so, then it's out in the open that there's at least a thought process to that end amongst the powers that be.

Numerous issues raised at this steering group meeting are a direct consequence of the ground, ranging from ticket availability, location of the away fans, safety, how supporters enter and leave the ground, short and long term maintenance over existing facilities, corporate facilities, an open acknowledgement that big changes need to be made if we get promoted..

You can feel the frustration with some of these things in the responses even just from summary on here and Twitter. Not sure if anyone who was in the room can add to that? 

I don't think this is a short term thing, and the club clearly see improvements to Hillsborough as a more immediate step, but several things from this meeting have convinced me a new stadium might be a closer reality than some of us think.

I could see bulldozers tearing down Leppings Lane and replacing it some something else the day after Wembley if we got promoted - but I wonder if it would be an "either or" situation between doing anything else beyond that or a new stadium in the long term.

A renovation of leppings lane and the corner block may solve it.

That end will come down if we are promoted regardless. It's an eyesore to look at, the most complicated end of the ground to manage and a possible PR nightmare. I could see Liverpool kicking up a stink and boycotting it (despite the fact they used to sit in it for years after the disaster during the 90's) and it's just generally a headache the club can do without. Can see them pulling the Lepp down and hastily replacing it was a single tier stand, probably smaller but factoring in more TV/corporate stuff.

I believe if long term people are looking at redeveloping the gangways on the North, overhauling the facilities in the South, and either rebuilding or heavily modifying the Kop and Kop roof.. the club will have a new stadium option on the table and will push for that as the long term option.