So, we're leaving Hillsborough.

I would have thought the club would be able to argue any unreasonable SAG restrictions in court?

If they are putting restrictions on us that are not on other grounds for example.  

Well im sure the counter argument would be that Hillsborough is a vastly more complicated ground to manage than "other grounds". And let's face it they wouldn't be far wrong.

The club are clearly angry about the limitations of the ground but I believe they'll use that to push through a move rather than continue fighting a seemingly pointless up hill battle against SAG.

Guest Deleted member

I would have thought the club would be able to argue any unreasonable SAG restrictions in court?

If they are putting restrictions on us that are not on other grounds for example.  

Absolutely this

Although the fact the club says they have made lots of improvements and are awaiting the safety inspection suggests that SAG are within their rights to place the restrictions on us that they have.

That end will come down if we are promoted regardless. It's an eyesore to look at, the most complicated end of the ground to manage and a possible PR nightmare. I could see Liverpool kicking up a stink and boycotting it (despite the fact they used to sit in it for years after the disaster during the 90's) and it's just generally a headache the club can do without. Can see them pulling the Lepp down and hastily replacing it was a single tier stand, probably smaller but factoring in more TV/corporate stuff.

I believe if long term people are looking at redeveloping the gangways on the North, overhauling the facilities in the South, and either rebuilding or heavily modifying the Kop and Kop roof.. the club will have a new stadium option on the table and will push for that as the long term option.

Would be happy with that. Whilst Hillsborough has been our home for a long time we have a history of changing stadiums when needed. If the design is right i think it could look good, when Everton and liverpool looked to design their new ones they did a modern take on the four stand stadium with a kop rather than a standard bowl. 

Really all depends playing success over next few years. Hillsborough even with the current reduced capacity (club saying hoping to be 36k following safety inspection in a couple of weeks) is enough for the championship, albeit it the odd game that attracts much of our irregular support.

If however we become estabilised in the Prem then maybe we need an updated stadium. This is a big 'if' mind.

Soft disclosure has commenced.

Introduce the idea of moving in a subtle way, let the idea of moving to a new stadium evolve organically, until forward momentum gathers pace towards an inevitable conclusion. In the end, fans will convince themselves that it is a good idea spawned by themselves.

This is how the World works in general of course, you just don't realise it.

You could rebuild Hillsborough on Grandad's site (or quite a few others) and solve a lot of our problems. We currently have restricted access to the ground on both sides. Get rid of that and you'd have a lot more options for segregation that might keep SAG happy. 

Guest Deleted member

Soft disclosure has commenced.

Introduce the idea of moving in a subtle way, let the idea of moving to a new stadium evolve organically, until forward momentum gathers pace towards an inevitable conclusion. In the end, fans will convince themselves that it is a good idea spawned by themselves.

This is how the World works in general of course, you just don't realise it.

This

Although soft disclosure began with 'leaks' to the fan base

It would have to be the biggest stadium in the world or have something good about it for me to leave Hillsborough. 

Well "something good about it" would be answering the litany of problems highlighted by the club at last nights meeting. Look through the points raised and a great number of them are a direct consequence of the current ground.

People need to realise Hillsborough is doing us few favours commercially right now and is costing the club time and money in key areas. It's not up to modern Premier League standards in ways many probably don't consider.

Let's face it. SAG and SYP have done (and continue to do) their level best to ruin Hillsborough for us.

Judging by the comments and responses at the steering group meeting last night I think it's safe to say they are succeeding on all levels and DC has gone as far as gauging our interest in moving away.

Not going to pretend I'm not raging angry about it but do we agree that a new stadium with less SAG/SYP red tape and bureaucracy is better than a Hillsborough with it?

Would be a sad day if we were to leave Hillsborough, we shouldn't bow down to the bureaucratic arses