So, we're leaving Hillsborough.

Guest Deleted member

As Ive said elsewhere

Every single stand at Hillsborough (inc the South) is WAY WAY out of date.

The South was basically a 100 year old stand tarted up for Euro 96. The Leppings Lane stand - well - enough said about that. The Kop needs taking down to the ground and all the ash it was built on removing before its rebuilt from ground level. the North - well I love the North - but round the back its like going back to the 1960s (when it was built). The north West Corner is an embarassment.

Hillsborough is beautiful to look at when you're inside it - but sadly its unfit to hold football games for large crowds

I'm not sure I'd go and watch anymore if we left the ground. 

Football to me is like a religion, and Hillsborough is my place of worship. Not some shitty flat pack bowl in the middle of nowhere. 

Unlike some clubs who have to move, we do not. We already have a good capacity, we have links to city centre and everything else a new stadium would offer. It just needs tarting up a little.

I'm disappointed though because by releasing this, he's already made up his mind. Feels like my club has died overnight

Football to me is like a religion, and Hillsborough is my place of worship. Not some shitty flat pack bowl in the middle of nowhere. 

Unlike some clubs who have to move, we do not. We already have a good capacity, we have links to city centre and everything else a new stadium would offer. It just needs tarting up a little.

I'm disappointed though because by releasing this, he's already made up his mind. Feels like my club has died overnight

It doesn't have to be a flat pack bowl or in the middle of nowhere.

As for the emotional stuff, well for me Everton are the straw that broke the camels back for that argument. Yes it would be sad to leave Hillsborough, but why do we think we have to chain ourselves to this ground while others at similarly old and emotive homes move on? Are we above Everton and the love their community has for Goodison Park?

Guest Deleted member

You'd go. Sometimes you have to go with the times - and being out of the Premier League as long as we have has removed a little of the realism that goes with things.

I'm sure Arsenal fans hated leaving Highbury - which was a better stadium than Hillsborough. 

Just picturing the traffic around Meadowhall, Ikea, centertainment and a 45,000 Premier League stadium on a Saturday.. WTF:

For this reason there's no way I can see it being near Meadowhall.

Home game last Saturday before Christmas...you'd have to walk from town!

The city doesn't have the transport infrastructure to support a new stadium there.

It doesn't have to be a flat pack bowl or in the middle of nowhere.

As for the emotional stuff, well for me Everton are the straw that broke the camels back for that argument. Yes it would be sad to leave Hillsborough, but why do we think we have to chain ourselves to this ground while others at similarly old and emotive homes move on? Are we above Everton and the love their community has for Goodison Park?

It's not going to be built anywhere near a built up area. Traffic would be worse than it already and don't get me started on parking. So it would have to be in the middle of nowhere, or at the very least just of the J33 M1. Also we don't have the pull to have our own unique stadium, it'd basically be a copy of Leicesters just slightly bigger.

It's another egotistical foreign owner who is ripping the soul from his club again at Everton. But you could say at that, unlike us, Everton have outgrown their ground.

You'd go. Sometimes you have to go with the times - and being out of the Premier League as long as we have has removed a little of the realism that goes with things.

I'm sure Arsenal fans hated leaving Highbury - which was a better stadium than Hillsborough. 

Honestly I don't think I would. Like I said everything a new stadium offers can be done at hillsborough or is already here, the only major issue we have is parking.

I'm sure they did, it was a fantastic old ground for sure. But it was way to small for a club the size of Arsenal. The arsenal supporters would've understood that for them to continue challenging they'd need to leave and rebuild somewhere else. 38000 seats for a club the size of Arsenal is ridiculously small. The current 60k is arguably still too small

Would it really make a difference? By the sounds of how SAG/ SYP make things up as they go along, we could have the single most purpose built/fit for purpose stadium in the country, its capacity would still be reduced by a good 7,000 buffer zone either side of away fans.

I don't think that would be the case. As long as all current regs are exceeded in the build, sag couldn't have the major impact they do now at our aged and mostly unfit (in their eyes) stadium

newstadium.thumb.jpg.cff8cd950627d228cb98c0d4a9aaa11e.jpg

As much as I would love this as it's just down the road from me, parking would be a nightmare and all the pubs around there have closed. There must be better sites available. Sheffield Council are skint and bent as a nine bob note so make an offer for Hillsborough park.

Been telling you all this for months - the club have looked at Weedon Street site 

Certainly has the space and the infrastructure. Parking might be an issue though.

Did they ever look at the site betwee the A57 and Woodhouse Mill do you know? (the one to the right of the flyover heading towards the city on the A57).

Everyone loves Hillsborough...but if moving to a new purpose built ground makes the club more competitive and more financially viable then so be it. 

Things change in football, just like they do in life. 

History should not be just discarded, yet you can't keep harping back and clinging onto things. 

Those people who complain about Mr C doing this and doing that, will be the same ones blowing a gasket if he stops investing in the playing staff.

As much as I would love this as it's just down the road from me, parking would be a nightmare and all the pubs around there have closed. There must be better sites available. Sheffield Council are skint and bent as a nine bob note so make an offer for Hillsborough park.

Parking is already a nightmare unless you get to the ground 5 hours early like some do your parking up near forty foot pub and walking a mile (1 example)

Edited by stocksyuto

Guest Deleted member

Parking is already a nightmare unless you get to the ground 5 hours early like some do your parking up near forty foot pub and walking a mile (1 example)

And will be much worse next season with the loss of 550 spaces across the road from the Kop.