So, we're leaving Hillsborough.

Not a chance within the time frame. No proposals have been asked for and no planning permission submitted yet. A new stand is easily 1-2 years work just at the planning and consulting stage, then construction would be anywhere from 6 months to a year. talking 2-3 years before anything, and theres been no chatter about this anywhere in the industry

We still have the planning permission from the proposed world cup bid.

Guest Deleted member

Purpose and scope of a SAG (Safety advisory group)

SAGs provide a forum for discussing and advising on public safety at an event. They aim to help organisers with the planning, and management of an event and to encourage cooperation and coordination between all relevant agencies. They are non-statutory bodies and so do not have legal powers or responsibilities, and are not empowered to approve or prohibit events from taking place. Event organisers and others involved in the running of an event, retain the principal legal duties for ensuring public safety.

Seems like they have no legal power, just there to provide advice. So why would we be behind closed doors if we didn't listen to it?

Because if we stop following their advice in time we would fall foul of our safety certificate

You could rebuild Hillsborough on Grandad's site (or quite a few others) and solve a lot of our problems. We currently have restricted access to the ground on both sides. Get rid of that and you'd have a lot more options for segregation that might keep SAG happy. 

I know we are nowhere near as big financially as the Scousers but look what Liverpool did with their new Main Stand, I feel that this would have to be a blueprint for the redevelopment of Hillsborough.

Wednesday need to move with the times if they want to be a successful club.  A modern stadium in the East end of Sheffield with the right architect could still make the stadium look great and create a better atmosphere.  A football club is much more than just football now, it's about other revenue generating streams and that isn't possible at Hillsborough, there is no room for real expansion.  If you go back into the history of the club, the supporters would have preferred an East end location, not Hillsborough.  Moving into the East end would provide better transport links and be much closer to the M1.  I would also lift the fog of the Hillsborough disaster from the club.

Wednesday need to move with the times if they want to be a successful club.  A modern stadium in the East end of Sheffield with the right architect could still make the stadium look great and create a better atmosphere.  A football club is much more than just football now, it's about other revenue generating streams and that isn't possible at Hillsborough, there is no room for real expansion.  If you go back into the history of the club, the supporters would have preferred an East end location, not Hillsborough.  Moving into the East end would provide better transport links and be much closer to the M1.  I would also lift the fog of the Hillsborough disaster from the club.

Plenty of brown field sites in the NW they would need scoping but totally disagree with moving to the East End it offers nothing.

I suspect that the cost of bringing Hillsborough up to modern standards, for safety, commercial potential and running costs, would cost as much if not more than a new build, and we'd have to ground share with the blunts for a year.

DC will do what ever he wants- FACT

He isnt interested in whether you want to stay or not

Nail on the head there Viola , same in regards to everything at HIS club / toy / business, he isn't interested in the fans views, the heritage of the club or the heritage of the fans, he wants to be in the Premiership and he will go all out to achieve this as the fact is he's the person that benefits financial from it , promotion is worth 200million, not a bad return on a maximum investment of 60-80 million over a 28 month period, all fans can do is enjoy the ride seeing his financial aspirations come to fruition , the days of Wednesday being and feeling like a fans club are over , I'm not knocking the bloke, he's invested like we all wanted and we a chasing promotion for the second season on the bounce but nobody should kid themselves that any of their opinions or ideas, can or would influence the owner, he knows, what he wants, how he'll get it and the style of kit we'lll be wearing when / whilst we do it, the die has been cast .

Nail on the head there Viola , same in regards to everything at HIS club / toy / business, he isn't interested in the fans views, the heritage of the club or the heritage of the fans, he wants to be in the Premiership and he will go all out to achieve this as the fact is he's the person that benefits financial from it , promotion is worth 200million, not a bad return on a maximum investment of 60-80 million over a 28 month period, all fans can do is enjoy the ride seeing his financial aspirations come to fruition , the days of Wednesday being and feeling like a fans club are over , I'm not knocking the bloke, he's invested like we all wanted and we a chasing promotion for the second season on the bounce but nobody should kid themselves that any of their opinions or ideas, can or would influence the owner, he knows, what he wants, how he'll get it and the style of kit we'lll be wearing when / whilst we do it, the die has been cast .

When was the last time your felt Wednesday was a fans club?

It certainly didn't feel like it under Dave Allen. Lee Strafford tried his best to make it feel like that I guess. Can't say Wednesday felt like a fans club under Milan Mandaric. That covers the last decade and a half, so one could say Wednesday feeling like a fans club was long gone before Mr Chansiri arrived...

Guest Grez Bez

I love Hillsborough and was an avid believer of staying but I think a new stadium in the city centre Would be great for both us and the city centre.

If we construct it so it includes bars / restaurants and room for conferences then we woulc rake it in midweek too & pay for itself. Make it a real destination

The East end offers a lot more than the NW and can draw far more support in.

Really? I beg to differ the NW has a far bigger catchment area and has far better facilities etc. The east end of the city is a proper hole and has been neglected since the 80s a trip down the Cliff is not what Wednesday fans want and this is unlikely to change.  I would like to know what the East End can offer more than the NW, and it being closer to your house doesn't come into the equation.

I love Hillsborough and was an avid believer of staying but I think a new stadium in the city centre Would be great for both us and the city centre.

If we construct it so it includes bars / restaurants and room for conferences then we woulc rake it in midweek too & pay for itself. Make it a real destination

Only problem with this is finding the land and area to develop.

Guessing it'd more likely be on the outskirts. Off Parkway maybe? Rather than Meadowhell.

Where in the city centre could we build?

Guest Grez Bez

Only problem with this is finding the land and area to develop.

Guessing it'd more likely be on the outskirts. Off Parkway maybe? Rather than Meadowhell.

Yeah I know, Sheffield is harder than most cities given the topography too.