So, we're leaving Hillsborough.

Would never happen, but pie in the sky thinking would be demolishing the exiting stadium and rebuilding it in Hillsborough Park and as per of the "imaginary" deal, redevelop the then old stadium into a new park with new facilities etc.

Community therefore still has a park that was better than before and we have a new ground in the same location with more space for commercial benefits. 

As i say, it would never happen, but would be ideal. 

Wherever a new ground is located, transport links are usually crap anyway. 

Another thing.

A large number of Wedneday supporters already live locally in areas including Hillsborough, Middlewood, Oughtibridge, Wharncliffe Side, Worrall, Bradfield, Stannington, Walkley, Parson Cross, Upperthorpe etc- many of these supporters already travel by foot, bus or Tram - very few traditional supporters live locally to a stadium at the East End - imagine how many people would have to travel to the new ground-  as apposed to the amount that already live locally to Hillsborough?

How would the road network be able to cope with that - alongside Meadowhall, Retail Park Ikea etc?

Another thing.

A large number of Wedneday supporters already live locally in areas including Hillsborough, Middlewood, Oughtibridge, Wharncliffe Side, Worrall, Bradfield, Stannington, Walkley, Parson Cross, Upperthorpe etc- many of these supporters already travel by foot, bus or Tram - very few traditional supporters live locally to a stadium at the East End - imagine how many people would have to travel to the new ground-  as apposed to the amount that already live locally to Hillsborough?

How would the road network be able to cope with that - alongside Meadowhall, Retail Park Ikea etc?

As you said it's a not feasible to move to the East End it offers little

Nail on the head there Viola , same in regards to everything at HIS club / toy / business, he isn't interested in the fans views, the heritage of the club or the heritage of the fans, he wants to be in the Premiership and he will go all out to achieve this as the fact is he's the person that benefits financial from it , promotion is worth 200million, not a bad return on a maximum investment of 60-80 million over a 28 month period, all fans can do is enjoy the ride seeing his financial aspirations come to fruition , the days of Wednesday being and feeling like a fans club are over , I'm not knocking the bloke, he's invested like we all wanted and we a chasing promotion for the second season on the bounce but nobody should kid themselves that any of their opinions or ideas, can or would influence the owner, he knows, what he wants, how he'll get it and the style of kit we'lll be wearing when / whilst we do it, the die has been cast .

See I can't agree with this...

He holds fans forums to gauge the views of a range of supporters.  He doesn't have to do this and it appears some decent stuff comes out of it.  I've never been to one so can't comment on his style - whether he is actually engaging with the fans or just paying it lip service.

The badge, yes he's changed the badge, but he's changed it to a revised historical version.

The kit, blue and white.  Yes he's stated he doesn't like stripes.  However, this years kit is based on a version from 1960's and the style mooted last night is one from around the same era.  

The promotional video released a few months back, the planned (albeit secretly so far) celebrations for this year.  

Owls in the park, he publicly stated he really enjoyed seeing the fans, local community and family being together all because of Sheffield Wednesday.

The video and minutes silence for the king of Thailand - this demonstrates to me he is a very proud, loyal man.  Family orientated and a traditionalist.

Yes the ticket prices are too high, yes not everyone likes the kit, but to state he isn't interested in the heritage of the club is absolute nonsense.

Of course he could decide next week he doesn't like blue or owls and change our colour to red and change our nickname and do this all privately without consulting the fans.  However, nothing so far suggests he will...

I love Hillsborough and was an avid believer of staying but I think a new stadium in the city centre Would be great for both us and the city centre.

If we construct it so it includes bars / restaurants and room for conferences then we woulc rake it in midweek too & pay for itself. Make it a real destination

New stadia - especially ones of any significant size - don't get built in city centres any more. It's difficult for transport, it's difficult to police, it's difficult to build. There are only one or two exceptions to the rule, such as Southampton, but that was a bleak industrial area on the side of a river.

Guest Deleted member

See I can't agree with this...

He holds fans forums to gauge the views of a range of supporters.  He doesn't have to do this

Actually - yes he does.

Fans Forums with a representative group of the clubs fans are a requirement of the Football League. It is the Leagues directive that ALL clubs must hold an absolute minimum of 2 of these per season

Guest Deleted member

Winn Gardens estate is annoyingly bang in the middle between our training ground and middlewood park. 

That stretch of land is absolutely massive. :angry:

The club could buy Niagara Sports Grounds, and combine this and the Training ground to make a huge piece of land (albeit with a river running right through the middle of it)

Rather redevelope Hillsborough than move to a new stadium. 

I agree 100%, would a new stadium away from Hillsborough, built to modern safety standards, be safer than a totally redeveloped Hillsborough stadium built to exactly the same safety standards, I think not? Just remember that South Yorkshire Police are totally anti Hillsborough Stadium, along with council officials of the red and white inclination.

Actually - yes he does.

Fans Forums with a representative group of the clubs fans are a requirement of the Football League. It is the Leagues directive that ALL clubs must hold an absolute minimum of 2 of these per season

Does the Chairman have to attend and how many a season do we hold?

Guest Deleted member

Does the Chairman have to attend and how many a season do we hold?

Pretty sure there is no compulsion for the Chairman to attend. But as he essentially fills the Chief Exec role in the absence of us employing one - it would seem pretty pointless to hold one without him.

Think we held 3 this season (happy to stand corrected if thats not right? Anybody know?)

Not a chance within the time frame. No proposals have been asked for and no planning permission submitted yet. A new stand is easily 1-2 years work just at the planning and consulting stage, then construction would be anywhere from 6 months to a year. talking 2-3 years before anything, and theres been no chatter about this anywhere in the industry

Southampton hadn't even settled on a site for their new ground in the spring of 1999, yet an entire 30k+ stadium was designed, built and ready by the start of the 2001/2 season.

Norton/Dronfield way could be a possibility?

Large flat areas in Sheffield seem to be rare. It would have to be on the outskirts you would have thought, 

Cost wise though, i'd assume land to the north or east of Sheffield is considerably cheaper. 

Edited by LoadABallacks

There's lots of flat land in Lincolnshire, maybe we could pick some of that up cheap.

Have a purpose built rail line put in that departs from Sheffield Central direct so transport need not be an issue.

Best of all, if we built a huge shiny bowl shaped arena out of cheap materials then the atmosphere is bound to improve tenfold with all the extra fans we'll attract who like new things.