So, we're leaving Hillsborough.

Let's face it. SAG and SYP have done (and continue to do) their level best to ruin Hillsborough for us.

Judging by the comments and responses at the steering group meeting last night I think it's safe to say they are succeeding on all levels and DC has gone as far as gauging our interest in moving away.

Not going to pretend I'm not raging angry about it but do we agree that a new stadium with less SAG/SYP red tape and bureaucracy is better than a Hillsborough with it?

It's all risk, impact and cost in my opinion. 

There is a low risk of crowd issues, but if they arise the reputational damage to the Chansiri brand and the club would be severe. 

Then, are we sure the SYP and SAG restrictions aren't anything to do with the costs of policing and crowd control vs revenue gain for more bums on seats? Im sure if we paid for it, we could have people sat wherever we wanted but it would cost more than the revenue we would make. 

I genuinely think what is needed is time, a refurb, and a promotion to the PL so the West stand (new or refurbished) gets properly used again and SAG / SYP get paid more to make it happen. Then maybe they will chill out a bit. 

The chairman has made it quite clear he doesnt stand on ceremony, if he wants to move we will move

Fortunately or unfortunately, this is the case

I know to many this will seem unthinkable, but when it comes to access, risk of flooding from the Don, corporate aspect, merhandising, expansion possibilities (think a hotel!) etc... then the most financially reasonable investment is to pack up and leave Hillsborough and relocate to a more appropriate location. I think on balance I would prefer to stay at Hillsborough (and as a more 'recent' fan, I have far less sentimental attachment than most to the current stadium), but I can totally see that from a long-term financial standpoint, the best thing to do is find a good alternative location (preferably not on a floodplain) and leave. 

Would be a damn shame, but I can't see how redevelopment would fix several of the infrastructure and logistical problems that exist just be the stadium being in its current location

The protests from local people amongst others would be huge against getting rid of a local space used by many through out the year. Might be some covenants on the park as well.

Covenants can be lifted if DC offered the correct money and reassurances or developed a green space on the current site there should be a way forward. I would not call Hillsborogh park beautiful far from it. As I've said in previous posts we should look for a brownfield site close by there are numerous one down clay wheels line for example which would offer all we need.

Guest Grez Bez

The are arounf Neepsend lane woudl be good with the correct build.

Near enough ot town, Kelham Island &  Hillsborough to give it more character than an out of town bowl and plenty of space

Most can't see it but Hillsborough has a load of unused space that we already own so I'm all for renovating but I'd be happy to move if it was done properly. Not a Donny / Southampton clone...

What about the old presto tool site don't we own that, all around there the old Penistone road bags of room and not to far away 

There has been a "For Sale" sign up on there for months.