Official January Transfer Window Thread

53 minutes ago, RobbieOwler said:

I'm upset that people on here have stopped asking to sign Adam Le Fondre, I'm a big fan of The Melt. 

We don't even hear the 350k joke anymore 

The same people are calling for Rhodes now instead

4 hours ago, bigrbuk said:

*cough cough*

Hot shot striker Adthe Nuhiu in £650k move to RCD Espanyol is now on the cards. Talks happened earlier today between Agent and Club. #swfc

I had a 'hot shot' pizza other night. Looked good when it arrived but quickly disappointed.

Maybe that's what they mean.

Guest wilyfox
13 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE bobbar TU said:

If we are protecting a lead and coming under the cosh late on, Dave is ideal to bring on to slow the game down

If we were a goal or two up going into the latter stages of a game, I'd agree. But, we often start slow and finish strong, with work still needing to be done towards the end of a match. We're often chasing or still in search of a winner. He's of little use in that situation - nor is Joao. Helping see a game out isn't enough. They have to contribute goals, and neither has scored in the league for almost a year. 

Guest wilyfox
Just now, gurujuan said:

Might help to explain the countless trips to Portugal this season, by our scouts

I suppose if we bring enough of them over, by law of averages one of them should make the grade...eventually. 

'LANSBURY PASSES VILLA MEDICAL'

Aston Villa manager Steve Bruce says Henri Lansbury has passed a medical ahead of a proposed move from Nottingham Forest.

Sky sources understand a fee in the region of £3m for the Forest captain has been agreed between the clubs.

Lansbury has just six months to run on his current Forest contract, a situation that is understood to have attracted the interest of Watford, Norwich and Derby.

But Villa look to have won the race to sign the 26-year-old as Bruce bids to reignite his side's promotion challenge.

18 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

It wouldnt be the  transfer window without a Ben10 rumour.. 

I'd like to see Marshall back here and I thought now might be a good time

However, one 'media report' this morning says Wolves have bid £2m and Blackburn turned them down

Could be rubbish mind, as I'm sure Blackburn want to trigger an auction frenzy for a player who could leave for nothing in the summer

But £2m would sound too much if he were still tied to a long contract