Official January Transfer Window Thread

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Westwood is bang average. I thought there was no real creativity in Villa's midfield when they played at Hillsborough. With Hutchinson and Lee missing now, we do need a right footed midfielder, so maybe, step forward Abdi

What's right for one club is not necessarily right for another. I know fans of a couple of clubs that Bannan was on loan at in Derby and Bolton and both said he was bang average for them. I never write a player off until I've seen him in a Wednesday shirt - regardless of what he's done at other clubs.

37 minutes ago, Babushka1867 said:

As for all the McCormack talk, there was LOADS on here that said in the Summer that if we signed McCormack or Rhodes it would guarantee us promotion. What's he done for Villa exactly so far?!

Probably the same as Rhodes would do for Villa, fek all. When the goals dry up, they offer very little

To stay in playoffs or really push top two if they can be caught we need Hourihane to provide for Rhodes n Hooper. 

Nando on left.

impossible I know but Knobheart would really push us up there. Quick, tricky, assists n goals. 

With these 3 new players I couldn't see us losing another game. 

Can dream 

2 minutes ago, ozzieowl said:

To stay in playoffs or really push top two if they can be caught we need Hourihane to provide for Rhodes n Hooper. 

Nando on left.

impossible I know but Knobheart would really push us up there. Quick, tricky, assists n goals. 

With these 3 new players I couldn't see us losing another game. 

Can dream 

More chance of us signing Houdini , Ryan Rhodes and Braveheart. 

Guest RocketOwl
1 hour ago, owls_wawaw said:

I think fessi needs to start on the left and reach replacing pudil in my opinion 

could have done with Pudil getting involved in the handbags and knocking someone out.

Aston Villa appear to be turning their attentions to Ashley Barnes after Steve Bruce revealed that the club are being priced out of a move for Middlesbrough's Jordan Rhodes.

Vila have bid £6million for the former Blackburn Rovers striker but it is understood Boro are looking to recoup the money they paid for him 12 months ago, which is closer to £11million.

Barnes currently plays for Premier League side Burnley but has been firmly behind Andre Gray and Sam Vokes since returning from a horrific knee injury this season.

We have a sneaky feeling that the Rhodes deal isn't dead just yet...

Guest RocketOwl

As mentioned yesterday with reference to Ashley Westwood - believe this is genuine now. Maybe see movement on this when Villa sign CH.

Aston Villa are reportedly eyeing a swap deal with Swansea City which could see Jordan Ayew heading to the Liberty Stadium.

According to reports in the Sunday People, Villa would get exciting Swans winger Modou Barrow in return for Ayew, who has scored three times in his 22 appearances this season.

The 25-year-old is currently starring at the Africa Cup of Nations for Ghana and he has been linked with a move away from Villa Park amid interest from the Premier League and China.

Barrow, 24, had been rumoured with a move to Crystal Palace earlier in the window while Newcastle United were quoted £10million in the summer and decided not to peruse a deal.

The pacy and skillful attacker has impressed in his 20 games for Swansea this season but has missed the last few weeks through injury.

It's believed that the Gambian has a £5m relegation release clause in his contract with the Swans and they could allow him to leave this month in order to get a better deal.