Thoughts on the new chairman

I think it's a nice target to try and get back in the premier league for our 150th year. The marketing opportunities combined with premier league status could be endless and very lucrative. Whether it's realistic is another matter though but he won't get any critisicm from me if we don't achieve it. I would just like to see him run the club like MM has but have the financial clout to accelerate the progress like MM has talked about all along.

Saying that about the 150th season is a) a realistic target but more importantly b) the sort of thing that somebody with a brain would say in that situation. A small but impressive touch. Which is what Milan might be whispering to him in the above picture.

Guest shawie99

first post. hello lads.

he does look a bit miserable,like one of them blokes whose bought a car to do up and realised its gonna cost him a fortune.i can see us on ebay in a couple of years time listed as

unfinished project...spares or repairs. tbf i see nothing but good signs ahead.better than prince al findmewallet at the lane...uto

first post. hello lads.

he does look a bit miserable,like one of them blokes whose bought a car to do up and realised its gonna cost him a fortune.i can see us on ebay in a couple of years time listed as

unfinished project...spares or repairs. tbf i see nothing but good signs ahead.better than prince al findmewallet at the lane...uto

post-11102-0-35862400-1425331076.jpg

first smile I've seen let's hope he's actually laughing come 2017

Edited by steelowl

I like the fact he wasn't beaming away...looks a dogged determined chap to me...good on him!! Hope he rattles a few cages and gets us sorted out on and off the pitch!!...

the one thing I particularly liked was the bit about respect our tradition and history   important statement for me anyway, not seen anyone mention it but he said the right thing

Mr Chansiri seems a decent fella, comes across as a nice family man actually.

I'm not convinced he's got the money to be splashing millions around willy nilly though, there's nothing much on the net of his construction and real estate companies, he has no involvement in TUF apart from share holdings, so his net worth is difficult to assess.

It looks like we're going to be sponsored by TUF, so they're obviously going to be involved, which is good......his dad is knocking on and our lad should be into some inheritance within the next 20 years, which is also sort of good.

But I'm not starting the wankathon yet until I see what happens in the summer.

Having read and watched the press conference, I am pleased with what I have learned.

Mr Chansiri seems to have a similar philosophy to myself, in that if any thing is worth doing, it is worth doing right and build from the bottom up.

No splashing the cash on players just because we can, rather a prudent purchasing plan .

One last thing, before fans get their hopes up too high, he said that he HOPED to be in the prem to celebrate our 150th anniversary, so don't be moaning and groaning if we do not go up next season.

In Thai culture, a barn owl is a symbol of evil curses - if one lands on the roof, horrible things will happen.

Can we put one on the ceiling of the visitors dressing room?

Milan said he would sell us to the right candidate. Something he's re-iterated a number of times even since concluding the sale.

In my opinion Milan has absolutely earned the right to be trusted, and therefore I trust that Mr Chansiri will prove to be the right candidate until he does something to prove otherwise.

There is a definite but polite  ' what the phook' expression on Mr Chansiri's face...

Its the one I have when one of my kids gives me a fart cushion for Christmas.

lol