Statement

It's pretty much what I wrote earlier in this thread, just confirmation on what the political problem was and how it has been resolved.

Don't expect a MASSIVE outlay on name players. He is aware of what happened at Leicester under Sven, loads of big name players that think the club is beneath them etc and won't be doing the same.

It's pretty much what I wrote earlier in this thread, just confirmation on what the political problem was and how it has been resolved.

Don't expect a MASSIVE outlay on name players. He is aware of what happened at Leicester under Sven, loads of big name players that think the club is beneath them etc and won't be doing the same.

Wld love a clue as to what the political problem was and how it was satisfactorily resolved!

His companies in Azerbaijan are separate from his personal wealth! He won't stick his companies money into us but his own... To me it seems more that he has urgent stuff back home he needs to dedicate gud attention to and his personal interests, such as Wednesday, have had to be put on hold while he sorts his business out! Anyone with sense would put their own main business before their personal pursuits!

One report from Azerbaijan stated the Baku players had not been paid and they were buying kit from flea markets earlier in the year. Baku are backed by others as well including government officials and banks. Very low priority in terms of size they play currently in a training pitch with a capacity of 2000. But they do always have a great chance of playing in Europe so important in that way.

Your middle line could explain why he wants to buy us and Lens, spreading some of his wealth outside the Russian arena while operating under the cover of selling Aazerland abroad..

So let me get this right...to protect his wealth he is looking for safe havens outside Azerbaijan. Of course he could put it in a Swiss bank, invest in gold or buy US government debt...but they all sound a bit risky. No to be safe, what better way to preserve wealth could there possibly be than a championship football club....

Edited by kobayashi

No, because I have a realistic grasp of the situation.

It's like when I bought my house. I knew that certain things needed to be in place before the sale was finalised and I had the keys in my hand. Some of those things were controllable by me but many things were not.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Sorry mate but a foreign multimillionaire buying a football club has very little similarities to buying a house in Darnal.

Yeah, I am as well, so lets try something different.

Bloke goes up to burger van,

Bloke-Can I have a well done burger please with burnt onions?

Burger man-Yep no problem.

5 mins later burger man is putting burger and onions into roll.

Bloke- I have to go to the Chinese take away now because I've ordered from there as well but I'm going to leave my mate here to check you've cooked the burger to my liking.

Burger man showing blokes mate the completed article- How's that.

Blokes mate- Looks fine to me.

Burger man- That'll be £2-50 then.

Blokes mate- Errrrrr you'll have to wait til he comes back as he's got the money.

Burger man- well how longs he gonna be, the burgers going to go cold and the bread will be soggy by the time he comes back, he might decide he doesn't want to buy it as it will have deteriorated.

Bloke comes back 15 minutes later.

Bloke- That's the Chinese sorted out now. How's the burger.

Blokes mate- well it was fine when it was first cooked but it's cold and the breads gone soggy now.

Bloke-Well I aint having it now if that's the case.

Burger man-There was nothing wrong with that burger when it was first cooked, it's your own fault for flippingoff to Chinese.

Bloke-I'm not buying that in that state for that price, i'll give you a £1 for it.

How's that, does it work for you sir.

lol

Sounds familiar this bloke.

I wonder how MM has pitched the club to HM, are we a champ club that needs little investment on the pitch, or are we a champ club that will need a massive injection of cash on top of the agreed purchase price

Is it possible HM is waiting to see how we fare and deciding whether his investment is good value before totally committing.

I wonder how MM has pitched the club to HM, are we a champ club that needs little investment on the pitch, or are we a champ club that will need a MASSIVE injection of cash on top of the agreed purchase price

Is it possible HM is waiting to see how we fare and deciding whether his investment is good value before totally committing.

unless he an idiot(and multi -millionaires arnt usually) i´d think he´d know already what he´s let himself in for .

Didn't MM say that he only realised how deep our Shiite was after the purchase

Although for obvious reasons Milan's takeover of us was very rushed. He probably could have done with more time, like... this takeover I suppose.

Stories from France when the news first broke suggested Milan told him he would need to spend money to get us to the next level.

I remember the same reports stating he'd used Leicester as an example of what could be achieved here.

Doesn't it seem strange that the same people who were desperate for MM to fail in the takeover are desperate for HM to fail. I wonder why hmmm...

Are there people desperate for the takeover to fail?

I see 2 groups atm ...

Those desperate for the takeover to go through - regardless of whether it's good for the club, bad for the club, or just good for MM

Those who only want the takeover if HM isn't skint and doesn't run our club like RC Lens

(all while trying to buy River Plate, for a combined £10mil lol)

Our biggest problem atm, is Milan seems to be half arsing the running of the club, while we drift towards our September pre-season

Are there people desperate for the takeover to fail?

I see 2 groups atm ...

Those desperate for the takeover to go through - regardless of whether it's good for the club, bad for the club, or just good for MM

Those who only want the takeover if HM isn't skint and doesn't run our club like RC Lens

(all while trying to buy River Plate, for a combined £10mil lol)

Our biggest problem atm, is Milan seems to be half arsing the running of the club, while we drift towards our September pre-season

First point. HM isn't skint, despite numerous attempts to insinuate that he is. Due diligence has taken care of that.

Secondly, are you talking about the same RC Lens that were Ligue 2 last year but are going to be playing in Ligue 1 next year with a top 6 budget? I'll take some of that, thanks.

I'll agree with your final comment though, we do seem to be drifting along when we really should be preparing for the season ahead with more of a sense of urgency.