Statement

Are you sick of reading these as it brings a hint of realism to the situation?

No, because I have a realistic grasp of the situation.

It's like when I bought my house. I knew that certain things needed to be in place before the sale was finalised and I had the keys in my hand. Some of those things were controllable by me but many things were not.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

Not really they've been concerned and realistic, when people questioned how long this process has took they got shot down in flames, insults hurled at them I.E called pigs.

Can remember similar comments last season when people suggested we might struggle after another summer of tardy transfer dealings. They proved to be spot on with their concerns

No, because I have a realistic grasp of the situation.

It's like when I bought my house. I knew that certain things needed to be in place before the sale was finalised and I had the keys in my hand. Some of those things were controllable by me but many things were not.

:rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

But how long did the FA take to ratify your house?

Dear Reading Owl,

Please accept my sincere and full apology for what appears to be a patronising post but having skimmed a lot of the comments in various threads and posts over the weekend thats my opinion.

There are far too many people going way over the top with reactions, some deliberate which I would suggest is to get a reaction/stoke the fire as well.  A lot of us have been here long enough to see it happen time and time againm, it's part of the fun of Owlstalk.

I stick by what I said.  Too many people living in dreamland instead of reality.

I'm guessing the takeover will happen, we will have a healthy budget with some good players coming in it just takes time.

Your guessing? - oh, I thought you were ITK taking into account your condemnation of others.

I don't think anyone needs their 'bumps feeling at' or 'needs to take a reality check'. And calling people 'drama queens' is a bit dramatic - if not ironic.

Because, I don't think anyone has a clue what is going on - or, how it will end.

Including me and you?

some good post's on here but people will interpret the statement differently, now taking it that posters thought we were further down the line than this whether MM was pressured by the French or not, he should have been more forth coming on where we stand in the situation ,but he came out and virtually said the deal was done and would take three weeks to complete , that was some seven weeks ago ,

surely a statement saying that things are on going would have been better and understood by posters at that time rather than the three weeks statement ,

people are now bewildered at the situation , and coupled with the struggling for players it leads to the unrest amongst supporters ,yes people moan but lets be honest can you really blame them ,every pre season we get the same hiccup's in one guise or another just lately and this new statement makes it look like it is going to happen again ,that said I think the takeover will go through and I can accept that it is not an easy task for MM and HM as it must be right for us all , but people are different and not everyone is used to the trials and tribulations that come with being associated with SWFC therefore will look on this as another fk up amongst many and will moan,sadley it come's with the territory that is Hillsborough I am afraid ,

and lets be honest we can't please everyone ,

Guest sotonowl

Is anybody else sick of reading these 'house buying' analogies? Can't we come up with something else? :biggrin:

Yeah, I am as well, so lets try something different.

Bloke goes up to burger van,

Bloke-Can I have a well done burger please with burnt onions?

Burger man-Yep no problem.

5 mins later burger man is putting burger and onions into roll.

Bloke- I have to go to the Chinese take away now because I've ordered from there as well but I'm going to leave my mate here to check you've cooked the burger to my liking.

Burger man showing blokes mate the completed article- How's that.

Blokes mate- Looks fine to me.

Burger man- That'll be £2-50 then.

Blokes mate- Errrrrr you'll have to wait til he comes back as he's got the money.

Burger man- well how longs he gonna be, the burgers going to go cold and the bread will be soggy by the time he comes back, he might decide he doesn't want to buy it as it will have deteriorated.

Bloke comes back 15 minutes later.

Bloke- That's the Chinese sorted out now. How's the burger.

Blokes mate- well it was fine when it was first cooked but it's cold and the breads gone soggy now.

Bloke-Well I aint having it now if that's the case.

Burger man-There was nothing wrong with that burger when it was first cooked, it's your own fault for flippingoff to Chinese.

Bloke-I'm not buying that in that state for that price, i'll give you a £1 for it.

How's that, does it work for you sir.  

Yeah, I am as well, so lets try something different.

Bloke goes up to burger van,

Bloke-Can I have a well done burger please with burnt onions?

Burger man-Yep no problem.

5 mins later burger man is putting burger and onions into roll.

Bloke- I have to go to the Chinese take away now because I've ordered from there as well but I'm going to leave my mate here to check you've cooked the burger to my liking.

Burger man showing blokes mate the completed article- How's that.

Blokes mate- Looks fine to me.

Burger man- That'll be £2-50 then.

Blokes mate- Errrrrr you'll have to wait til he comes back as he's got the money.

Burger man- well how longs he gonna be, the burgers going to go cold and the bread will be soggy by the time he comes back, he might decide he doesn't want to buy it as it will have deteriorated.

Bloke comes back 15 minutes later.

Bloke- That's the Chinese sorted out now. How's the burger.

Blokes mate- well it was fine when it was first cooked but it's cold and the breads gone soggy now.

Bloke-Well I aint having it now if that's the case.

Burger man-There was nothing wrong with that burger when it was first cooked, it's your own fault for flippingoff to Chinese.

Bloke-I'm not buying that in that state for that price, i'll give you a £1 for it.

How's that, does it work for you sir.  

lol

Bravo!

Guest sotonowl

Your guessing? - oh, I thought you were ITK taking into account your condemnation of others.

I don't think anyone needs their 'bumps feeling at' or 'needs to take a reality check'. And calling people 'drama queens' is a bit dramatic - if not ironic.

Because, I don't think anyone has a clue what is going on - or, how it will end.

Including me and you?

That's spot on Reading, we've had too many disappointments over the years not to be cautious, cynical and sceptical and there's nothing wrong with a good dose of the 3, it beats standing for egg undertat.

cast.jpg

"buying a football club is like making love to a beautiful woman"

Firstly, you check out the assets & the potential for your growth.

Has it got a decent pair up front?

What's it like at the back, tight or leaky?

Take a good look around....are you going to be hands on, or taking a back seat?

Then, when you're ready, slowly work your way down to the tunnel & out onto the field of play.

Scoring is guaranteed, eventually, & you can play at home or away.

Guest sotonowl

Just plussed my own post - checking who had negged me.

Sorry.

Blame Darth Sturrock - who ever he is.

lol

Yeah, he done me an all, last time I agree with you,lol