Statement

So let me get this right...to protect his wealth he is looking for safe havens outside Azerbaijan. Of course he could put it in a Swiss bank, invest in gold or buy US government debt...but they all sound a bit risky. No to be safe, what better way to preserve wealth could there possibly be than a championship football club....

Yup you got it, catch on quick don't you ?

First point. HM isn't skint, despite numerous attempts to insinuate that he is. Due diligence has taken care of that.

Secondly, are you talking about the same RC Lens that were Ligue 2 last year but are going to be playing in Ligue 1 next year with a top 6 budget? I'll take some of that, thanks.

I'll agree with your final comment though, we do seem to be drifting along when we really should be preparing for the season ahead with more of a sense of urgency.

In his statement, didn't MM say that after the sale was announced and in the interim, due diligence has taken place. This sounds odd to me as, as far as I have always understood (and PHShaw and others will advise better, I am sure) due diligence is carried out prior to a sale/purchase being agreed.

Due diligence is somewhat different to proof of funds.

Last year there were several rumours of due diligence being done by several different buyers on SWFC and even an offer tabled and later withdrawn after that dreadful run. 

In his statement, didn't MM say that after the sale was announced and in the interim, due diligence has taken place. This sounds odd to me as, as far as I have always understood (and PHShaw and others will advise better, I am sure) due diligence is carried out prior to a sale/purchase being agreed.

Due diligence is somewhat different to proof of funds.

Last year there were several rumours of due diligence being done by several different buyers on SWFC and even an offer tabled and later withdrawn after that dreadful run.

I'm no expert but there is due diligence on both sides of a contractual agreement and in the case of Milan part of what he would need is proof that HM had the funds available to make the purchase. i.e. proof of funds. Hence why I say he isn't skint.

The timing of the initial announcement and the words used in the latest announcement confuse me somewhat because, like you said, some of this should have already been sorted before the first announcement.

As for your final statement, I would just focus on the word 'rumours' and leave it at that. :biggrin:

Edited by roaminowl