D’shon Bernard

1 hour ago, the_vinyl_frontier said:

I would assume it wouldn't look good on him if he was refusing to play, may put some clubs off. On the other hand, it stops him getting injured... 

This day in age, they are advised by their agents to not play, to minimise risk of injury that will jeopardise the move.

Interested clubs will likely tell the agent the same thing, to advise their client to not play where possible. 

I appreciate he's done well for us but he's also been part of a defence which has shipped a sh*t ton of goals. Don't get me wrong he looks a good player but this is the first season he's managed over 30 games above League Two standard. Last year he only managed 10 games for Portsmouth in League One.

If we stay up surely he'll sign a new contract? Perhaps not if we are relegated but I think we are selling ourselves short if we think Bernard is a cut above us. 

• Like 1

Love rumours like this. 

He got injured and is now fit, this is normal in football.

People saying he’s replaceable etc, we will struggle to find a better defender on a free in the summer. 

Think he’s perfect for the way Röhl wants to play too. 

Really hope we can keep him next season. 

• Like 3

Tbf he’s played alongside very average cbs for us this season? On the whole he’s looked comfortable, be interesting to see what he’s like alongside someone a lot better than we have currently 

12 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

He has been decent in spells for us but can't see him being on the radar of many teams higher up than us. 

Did hear that he is big mates with Kasey Palmer and was less than impressed with the gestures to him. 

He fits the profile of the type of players Coventry sign aswell. Wouldn't be surprised if he ended up there next season 

Not bothered about the rumours which may or may not be true.  Most likely just been injured and people coming up with 5.

He only signed a 1 year deal and there is every chance  he will not be here next season. Both parties knew what they were signing and that his stay cpuld be short term.

He seems a decent Championship defender and if he has a good attitude and Röhl saw him as a player for the team then i hope he stays but if he  wanted out / left in the Summer then ok. 

I won't be losing any sleep over it. We've had better players leave in the past and we would move on as a club. 

Edited by Marro
  • Like 2

I think he has to play if fit. Ihiekwe sounds doubtful and Bambo might have to play in a mask which wouldn't be ideal.

Might need Bernard's pace to cover the slow Fawemo on the left against Wallace.

If Ihiekwe and Bambo aren't fit, I would also have Iorfa alongside Bernard for his height. As they are a threat from set pieces with Bartley and Kipre.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, thekimmyowl said:

we love a conspiracy theory for some reason dont we, same with Marv recently

Johnson has had about 4 different conspiracy theories going around about him in the last 12 months.

Although after what Xisco did I guess that's not too surprising.