On The Grapevine

6 hours ago, Mamalute said:

Remember we have to give allocation of seats to away fans. Also the queues of fans have not to cross over. When you close a stand you have to ensure path by them is safe. This post shows a complete lack of knowledge of health and safety proposals in use in UK. Think you are correct about time line it would take about 5 years. 

You could easily do that by partitioning off part of the North or South stand to give the required 2,000 allocation. In both cases away fans could get in from the Leppings Lane end. Other clubs have done similar when redeveloping so no reason we can't take the same approach.

Also, I believe that in such cases special exemptions can be granted regarding the away allocation.

Orher

4 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

You could easily do that by partitioning off part of the North or South stand to give the required 2,000 allocation. In both cases away fans could get in from the Leppings Lane end. Other clubs have done similar when redeveloping so no reason we can't take the same approach.

Also, I believe that in such cases special exemptions can be granted regarding the away allocation.

Orher

Look at our history with local safety group. If you walk by building site ;or through them need hard hat. Site would have; to be secured and cleared before each game meaning reduced time on actual construction. I am told it would be a nightmare operation.

17 hours ago, Tom22709 said:

I think this would be true based on the grounds true value, but Chansiri has made a rod for his own back by slapping a £60m valuation on it. And it’s not just a valuation that transaction has been made. No matter what you used that land to develop on you’re not generating £60m profit. So this is what I’m saying in regards to it becoming a stumbling block as new buyers are only going to pay for the stadium based on its true valuation whatever that might be.

Agreed, but think DC best chance of getting most of money back would; be to convert ground to other use. Flooding is issue, but options exist to alleviate this. 

12 minutes ago, Mamalute said:

Agreed, but think DC best chance of getting most of money back would; be to convert ground to other use. Flooding is issue, but options exist to alleviate this. 

Swimming baths

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Genuine question and by no means a dig... how likely do you think it is that you'd hear about early talks about such things?

Rightly or wrongly I have the impression that while you'd hear sooner than most of the rest of us, in actuality it would still take some time to reach you. Not a reflection on, for want of a better phrase, your level of "itk"... just a reality of how these sort of things can bubble on for a little bit in very specific and closed circles due to both confidentiality and just practical reasons. 

Is that fair or a bit wide of the mark in your opinion?

It's very rare thet something doesn't leak out. Just think of the number of people involved, accountants, valuers, solicitors and advisors on both sides spring to mind straight away and I'm sure there's more. It's not just the individual accountant etc that is involved, most of these people are employed by large national companies, international in many cases. An accountant will have a team of people to do the work right down to typists, cleaners who might see something while at work, even other customers might be in the office and overhear something. An accountant might keep is mouth shut but the lower level staff might let something slip.

Often leaks aren't even 'accidental', both parties might deliberately leak things to put pressure on the other side.

Just my opinion, I don't have any insider information on a Wednesday deal.

11 hours ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Local reporters would instantly make something of the story, they aren't going to sit on it and let someone else take the glory. 

I doubt they would. They are in danger of being cut out of the loop by the club. One story comes and goes but if you get black balled by the club and aren't allowed to attend press conferences and don't get access to players, managers you won't be able to do your job.

20 minutes ago, prowl said:

It's very rare thet something doesn't leak out. Just think of the number of people involved, accountants, valuers, solicitors and advisors on both sides spring to mind straight away and I'm sure there's more. It's not just the individual accountant etc that is involved, most of these people are employed by large national companies, international in many cases. An accountant will have a team of people to do the work right down to typists, cleaners who might see something while at work, even other customers might be in the office and overhear something. An accountant might keep is mouth shut but the lower level staff might let something slip.

Often leaks aren't even 'accidental', both parties might deliberately leak things to put pressure on the other side.

Just my opinion, I don't have any insider information on a Wednesday deal.

Everyone involved signs a confidential disclosure or NDA 

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Everyone involved signs a confidential disclosure or NDA 

Yes, higher levels are very good at client confidentiality,  it's the lower levels who tend not to.  It only takes one or two.

I've no knowledge of anything at Wednesday but I do have experience of information leaking at other companies.

26 minutes ago, prowl said:

I doubt they would. They are in danger of being cut out of the loop by the club. One story comes and goes but if you get black balled by the club and aren't allowed to attend press conferences and don't get access to players, managers you won't be able to do your job.

Correct. I was going to reply to him/her in a very similar vein but having witnessed his/her sneering posts in this thread I couldn't be arrissed. 

• Love 1

12 hours ago, Mamalute said:

Remember we have to give allocation of seats to away fans. Also the queues of fans have not to cross over. When you close a stand you have to ensure path by them is safe. This post shows a complete lack of knowledge of health and safety proposals in use in UK. Think you are correct about time line it would take about 5 years. 

Not really sure what you’re stating pal.
Close the West, leaving Lepping Lane and Penistone Road access to North. Plenty of room to walk past the construction area. 
open the west with access from both Lepping Lane and South stand concourse. Close the North. No pedestrian access required.

All pretty standard H&S work arounds. UTO

3 minutes ago, Barnsleyowl1996 said:

25 pages cba to read

any actual evidence of this takeover or where’s it at

No evidence but there's a couple of posts from dalai farmer that there's either summat in it or the poster has embarked an astonishing wind up by signing up for owlstalk last season, engaging in witty debate with a self depricating humour across numerous threads then dropping in a post that ties in with our manager and captain praising his club and owners. 

If he's done that, then I'm buying him a pint cos he's a god amongst men. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Mamalute said:

So how have we and many other clubs managed to build new stands in the past /present? 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Mamalute said:

I keep hearing that flooding is an issue and I appreciate we have climate change ,but how many times in a hundred and odd years has the ground been flooded ?

Only once to my knowledge and that was due to poor maintenance of bridges etc 

Am I missing something? Genuine question 

6 minutes ago, the monk said:

I keep hearing that flooding is an issue and I appreciate we have climate change ,but how many times in a hundred and odd years has the ground been flooded ?

Only once to my knowledge and that was due to poor maintenance of bridges etc 

Am I missing something? Genuine question 

And we don't have any proper flood defences.... so can be fixed by a bit of work and some dredging I would think