Argue against THIS

3 hours ago, BOOFABI said:

VAR and goal-line technology I'd keep, but actually use properly and adjust the rules to get us back in reasonableland. A pube offside is not in the spirit of offside.

Otherwise, yeah we have a lot to learn from German football.

A Pube offside... is still Offside!... what is 'spirit of offside'?... its either offside or not.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, papalazarowl said:

A Pube offside... is still Offside!... what is 'spirit of offside'?... its either offside or not.

And that is why VAR (in soccer) is knackered... Seems OK in rugby but not really suitable in football. 

If I own the club with the other 60000 people in Sheffield who support Wednesday. 

Who's going to decide who the manager will be?

Do we take it in turns, or majority vote or ?

(60000 people on the club WhatsApp)

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Rev Owl said:

If I own the club with the other 60000 people in Sheffield who support Wednesday. 

Who's going to decide who the manager will be?

Do we take it in turns, or majority vote or ?

(60000 people on the club WhatsApp)

That's maybe set  a debate going....first past the post??.....proportional representation??....single transferable vote ??.

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Go for it. To be perfectly honest, I'm sick to death with the current system. 

Maybe it's because I can remember what it was like before the Premier League was invented. 😕

• Like 2

Biggest problem is audience. The future audience is the YouTube/tiktok/wrexham tv series generation.

Anyone 30 and above is effectively old news traditionalists. We love the idea of proper football clubs etc but it won’t attract the future audience, which means too many business savvy owners will not kick off. They will moan and make statements etc to look good, but push comes to shove it’s only going one way - franchising 

Should have let them go the first time round.

England is going the way of the other European leagues where the pyramid isn’t a thing.

Those at the top don’t want us.

Pep even said it in his presser.

“Great for the lower league clubs to get a reply but bad for us” effectively.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thurcroft owl 72 said:

All great and I'd add bring back terracing 

And ban agents.

If a player is seeking an advantage (NOT with his toenail)   flag offside immediately.

And EVERY player on the pitch is interfering with play.

And only deliberate handball is a penalty.

13 hours ago, OneEightSixSeven said:

It’ll still keep the usual clubs in their place as their gates will allow them to spend far more..

tbh I was more thinking about sustainability of clubs and debts. but yes you are correct in what you say also.

9 hours ago, REDOWL said:

Stop all the faffing about taking a corner and but the ball inside the marked area,no arguing  about whether its on the line or not.....get it in the marked area.!!!

As if a few inches make any difference anyway.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, 31Dec1966 said:

As if a few inches make any difference anyway.

It appears to have been happening for a few seasons now with players needing a slide rule....just summat that's an irritant.

There are virtually no successful fan owned clubs anywhere.  Even the German model is finding that without outside investment their 51+ system is struggling.  Without outside money over and above revenue, football will go back to crumbling stadiums and poor football.

And agents are not the problem with football, football screwing over its players with regards to contracts is the problem.  The average footballer does not have the intelligence to understand a contract, and the owners of the clubs know that and will take advantage of that.  Agents need regulating, they need to work for the player and be paid by the player, not by the club.

The big 6 are the six with the highest revenues, nothing to do with titles.

VAR is fine if it was kept to certain decisions.  It literally gets every offside decision right, as it does with goal line technology but it’s the subjective decisions that it can be accused of getting wrong.  For me leave this to the refs like it always was and we will argue about that in the pub instead.

17 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

Whilst I'm at in ranty mode.

Feck Sky pretending they are bothered about the EFL every International weekend, Feck Micah Richards being at every Man City game with a smug look on his face (the club are fecking cheats with a gazillion charges pending) Feck England playing meaning less friendlies and stopping actual football matches being played, feck the Pizza Cup, bring back replays - stop Northern teams having to travel to Wembley for semi-finals, Feck corporate seats that just remain empty, feck that annoying thing all footballers do now where they hover the ball just past the arc on the corner flag - just feck reyt off with ****.

I really enjoyed watching Wednesday in a fa cup semi final at Wembley