Argue against THIS

7 minutes ago, Miffed said:

I was with him until the last point...

Clubs owned by supporters, player wages can’t be more than 100% of gate receipts

Have you read the opinions of some of the nutters on here?

What the absolute feck r u on about you absolute ass-wipe

Oh wait - I see your point. lol

• Haha 6

VAR and goal-line technology I'd keep, but actually use properly and adjust the rules to get us back in reasonableland. A pube offside is not in the spirit of offside.

Otherwise, yeah we have a lot to learn from German football.

• Like 3

Problem is the IFR will scupper this plan. I've long thought the EFL should close off promotion and offer any PL club that wants to re-join a

place in a 4 division set-up and run as it did before the PL breakaway. I think the EFL really hold the cards because the PL will wither

and die without the relegation battles making it interesting.

• Like 5

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Works just fine in other countries?

Yep I know but they don't ask for stupid over inflated asking prices and probably have massive share incentives for fans...I dont know I'm just guessing...Imagine Chancery asking price for us customers..

How do you get all the owners out of the game?How would it work🤷‍♂️....UTO

People become billionaires out of football, you're asking them to give that up. We'd need a new league entirely, with no incentive for players to come to it.

Screenshot_20240419-092627.png

• Like 3

Pull out of the FA Cup, drop the League Cup and Pizza Cup. Start a new competition just for the EFL and usual non- league teams. As many replays as required and definitely no penalty shoot outs. 

The Premier League can then assemble one Sunday afternoon late in May at Wembley and have a penalty shoot out competition where the winner gets the FA Cup and10 billion. Who gives ashit. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

Think people have lost touch on reality and jumping on the bandwagon because it's fashionable to complain. Some of these points are too idealistic and haven't been thought through.

1: Big 6 aren't buggering off anywhere...when all the money is in the English Premier League. It's the richest, most watched, most commerciality successful league in world football with several PL club having season ticket waiting lists of well over 20,000.

2: Premier League won't be scrapped because it's one of the biggest English exports and cherished around the world. Don't think people realise just how big and successful the EPL is, this is the reason why Real Madrid, Barca, Milan and Juventus are desperate to form a new league because they know their league can't compete and the gap is predicted to widen.

3: Regards VAR think it's about expectation. Let's say before VAR refs used to get 75% of decisions correct and now with VAR they are getting 98% of decisions correct. People focus on the 2% error rate and say it's rubbish. However before VAR there were real injustices every match every week.

Also there's a culture of not accepting the decision and disrespecting authority. Even when VAR proves a decision is correct, the managers still say the decision was wrong.

Personally think VAR needs tinkering, for example chips could be put in the front of every players shirt and also in the ball. Then technology can make instant offside decisions, no waiting and no complaining.

4: Don't agree with replays every now as it leads to fixture congestion. The solution is for the big 10 clubs to leave the cup competitions but then the competition would slowly die and not be worth winning. Semi's had to be at Wembley to pay for the stadium. If Man Utd build a 80K+ new stadium then maybe northern semi finals can be held there.

5: Makes me laugh about the idea of clubs being owned by supporters, it would be a total disaster but no fans would invest their own money in their club. Also wages can't be based on gate receipt because then you'd have clubs like Leeds charging £70 a ticket to get in. Poorer fans would be priced out. Also wages would be too low, so the gap between the haves and have nots become bigger.

Another aspect is commercial income, that's still income and should have an effect. 

• Like 5