Rotherham sack manager

It does seem a bit odd how quickly it’s all happened but the fans have been banging on about him for a while now. I expected them to go down and struggle with Richardson as no one believed what he was saying. Rotherham are so bad even Evans will struggle between now and the end of the season but he can make some remark about them wanting us relegated to get the mullets wagging again at the NYS

4 hours ago, SiJ said:

The reason he does so well in the lower leagues is he constantly threatens the players by saying he will eat them. 

I’d be more worried if he said he’d sit on me, slower death that being chewed to death in one go.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, George said:

Over recent years I have really come to dislike Rotherham. 

It seems silly and unnecessary to hat such a tinpot insignificant little club and yet they give me no choice.

I am intrigued to know how you are going to hat a tinpot club?  What kind of hat will it be?

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, snaykz said:

Evans was also given a six match ban when he was Crawley manager for abusive and inappropriate behaviour towards a female steward (which allegedly included exposing himself to her).

I doubt the poor woman will ever get over that. I can't think of anything more repulsive. One saving grace, she won't have seen the member in question, it would be trapped deep in the rolls of fat.

3 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Quality manager in the bottom 2 leagues. If we were back in league 1 I would have no problem with Steve Evans as manager . Good choice by toytown . 

Fuckthat, apart from Colin couldn’t think of anything worse

• Like 1

What a terrible career move by Richardson. He'd been out of work for over a year but joining a basket case, as The Millers were when Taylor left, just made his c.v. look a great deal worse.

As for Evans, he can only make it more likely Brum fail to win on Saturday.

• Like 3

I love the idea of Steve Evans having a conditioning coach and nutritionist as part of his set up.

"You need plenty of protein in your diets lads" as the team bus goes to the KFC drive through.

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, SiJ said:

I love the idea of Steve Evans having a conditioning coach and nutritionist as part of his set up.

"You need plenty of protein in your diets lads" as the team bus goes to the KFC drive through.

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, BLACKCAT said:

What a terrible career move by Richardson. He'd been out of work for over a year but joining a basket case, as The Millers were when Taylor left, just made his c.v. look a great deal worse.

As for Evans, he can only make it more likely Brum fail to win on Saturday.

I do wonder what some managers are thinking when they take on certain jobs. 

I don't know if they're just desperate for a job so they take anything, or whether they back themselves to be able to perform miracles no matter what the wider context of the club may be? 

Or...whether some just don't give it a great deal of thought at all before jumping back in? 

I thought Garry Monk's comments when he took the reigns at Cambridge recently were quite interesting - basically saying he'd had enough of working in sh*shows and wanted a more stable club.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I do wonder what some managers are thinking when they take on certain jobs. 

I don't know if they're just desperate for a job so they take anything, or whether they back themselves to be able to perform miracles no matter what the wider context of the club may be? 

Or...whether some just don't give it a great deal of thought at all before jumping back in? 

I thought Garry Monk's comments when he took the reigns at Cambridge recently were quite interesting - basically saying he'd had enough of working in sh*shows and wanted a more stable club.

I think it's fairly straightforward

Richardson wasn't a coveted name waiting for the phone to ring from a PL club

His background in the game doesn't suggest somebody bathed in riches

I guess like most people he wanted and needed a job

What does anybody think was going to be a shoe in better job for him than a championship gig?

Because of the natural manager churn there is always a handful of known managers or if work - it's fiercely competitive for all but the best

They could hold out for the Piercy job I suppose

Like Alan Curbishley