Rotherham sack manager

11 hours ago, DSandersonOWL said:

I am intrigued to know how you are going to hat a tinpot club?  What kind of hat will it be?

I think it would have to be one of those high peak baseball caps with the plastic netting

23 hours ago, Mighty Quinn said:

You are right it is silly and unnecessary they are just another football club smaller than ours.  Why hate them, because they Used to beat us at Hillsborough ??

It's not so much that but their fans. They should carry Tony Stewart shoulder high at the end of every season they are out of the bottom half of League 1 but they call in to Football Heaven and give him pelters. Their delusions of grandeur are ridiculous. And the way they carry on about their "special bond" with dem Blades is just cringe.

• Haha 1

On 17/04/2024 at 10:41, wilfsmith said:

Is it because they’ve performed poorly under the old coach and have sacked him so they can appoint a new one who will hopefully (for them) be more successful?

Doing it now gives the new boss time to see what he has player wise, make alterations in and out over the summer and start the new season with everyone knowing what they’re doing. 

I guess it’s planning ahead rather than knee jerk. 

Yeah  planning is not the way forward for this club. Reactive decision making is the only way we can really make headway into League 2

42 minutes ago, No Uniform said:

Interesting timing. Tony Stewart grew up a Wednesdayite. Attempted new manager bounce to help out his childhood team?

About time he packed in the mini-pigs and came home then. He's kept them consistently a league or two above their natural station for a decade.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, scram said:

I think it's fairly straightforward

Richardson wasn't a coveted name waiting for the phone to ring from a PL club

His background in the game doesn't suggest somebody bathed in riches

I guess like most people he wanted and needed a job

What does anybody think was going to be a shoe in better job for him than a championship gig?

Because of the natural manager churn there is always a handful of known managers or if work - it's fiercely competitive for all but the best

They could hold out for the Piercy job I suppose

Like Alan Curbishley

It just seems like the Rotherham job was always going to end in relegation and a probable sacking this season, though. 

I'd have thought holding out for a League One club on the up so he could at least buy himself a bit of time to build something rather than being out on his ear after four months might have stood him in better stead going forward? 

I get that he might have just needed a job and took the first one which came his way, though.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, No Uniform said:

Interesting timing. Tony Stewart grew up a Wednesdayite. Attempted new manager bounce to help out his childhood team?

I think Evo was hoping to get into the play-offs with Shtevenage, but all hopes have now evaporated, so he's quit.

Considering that he only gained promotion to the division last season, and that only a handful of players have played at League One level before, he's done well.

At least we'll have two games to look forward to next season.

• Like 1

shame they only have Birmingham to play that could affect us as this could give the players a kick up the back side if they are playing for their places for next season ...

Hopefully a new manager bounce (pardon the pun) in their next game !

Shame they play Bristol City and Cardiff in their last 2 games - as they ae both on the beach 

• Like 1

The Rotherham fans I know are really happy he's back, they say he will at least get the players fighting for the cause, and no, they don't want to lose any game but they assume that, me apart, Owls fans will automatically think that they want their team to lose so we go down with them, but also they think it will be another big club with more money than them to spend and fight for promotion