18 minutes ago, GoodyOwl said:

It was a well worked goal tbh. Good passing and one touch play and the finish was class. Defensively we were caught out, and at such a critical time. There was also a move 5 minutes later when they completely ripped us open and luckily the ball hit their own player or else that was 2-1.

Don't agree. Good passing but their scorer was completely left by Vaulks.

He must go with him try and force him wide.

• Like 6

The goals we've conceded against Swansea, Norwich and Stoke have all been so, so poor and completely avoidable. We lament our finishing but defensively we switch off all too easily.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, New Zealand Owls said:

However in all honestly we need to be scoring more than once at home against a poor side.take a 2-0 lead and there is no way stoke come back.

We just don't have the quality in our squad to put away the chances we create with any consistency, do we?

Only Stoke are below us for the amount of goals scored compared to what they 'should' have scored, according to the expected goals stats:

Screenshot2024-04-14at09_52_20.thumb.png.289ff9d9aff0ab7f5f9554889a27a739.png

And at the other end, only two teams have conceded more 'unexpected' goals than we have:

Screenshot2024-04-14at09_52_39.thumb.png.9ca6b10b213afa4dd1efad320bb64f8e.png

All in all, we have it in us to throw in a goal every game we play, but it feels like we have to dominate the game and create an endless stream of chances just to scrape one goal.

Not a recipe for success.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I actually hate watching Wednesday now. If you take out Bannan who is a proper footballer it is such a hard watch. The control and first touch of our players is terrible. If you watch any Premier League games then watch Wednesday it’s like watching a different sport. I can’t put up with it now, I find it frustrating and end up moaning constantly. Even when we break through down the sides more often than not the move breaks down with the wrong pass or a cross into the first defender. It drives me mad. I think when I was younger I put up with a lot of cr@p watching Wednesday but now I can’t.

Even in the past when the team were average there was a Jermaine Johnson or a Nuhiu or a Brunt to get you up off your seat for a while( till Johnson’s shot ended up in row Z- but not always), I’m clutching at straws a bit now. I don’t know… just gotta try and stay up somehow, hope this coaching team stay and mould a better quality side next season.

• Like 3

Just now, Jim Wonk said:

I actually hate watching Wednesday now. If you take out Bannan who is a proper footballer it is such a hard watch. The control and first touch of our players is terrible. If you watch any Premier League games then watch Wednesday it’s like watching a different sport. I can’t put up with it now, I find it frustrating and end up moaning constantly. Even when we break through down the sides more often than not the move breaks down with the wrong pass or a cross into the first defender. It drives me mad. I think when I was younger I put up with a lot of cr@p watching Wednesday but now I can’t.

Even in the past when the team were average there was a Jermaine Johnson or a Nuhiu or a Brunt to get you up off your seat for a while( till Johnson’s shot ended up in row Z- but not always), I’m clutching at straws a bit now. I don’t know… just gotta try and stay up somehow, hope this coaching team stay and mould a better quality side next season.

As an aside a fit Poveda is worth watching

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GoodyOwl said:

Its difficult to say whether he should have gotten a hand to it or not. Think it was one of them where the ball had gone past him before he was able to react. I wouldn't put any blame on Beadle. The defence once again left him open.

They did but he has to do better also.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

I cannot believe some people are blaming Beadle.

In the same situation if that was a world class striker against a world class goalkeeper, the striker scores more often than not. 

It was a terrible goal to concede with Beadle, Palmer, Vaulks all at fault.

Beadle positioning was terrible if you watch it and he constantly does that totally indecisive but he's probably about same level as rest of squad hence were 2nd bottom. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

How on earth did we manage to get ourselves so exposed down the left side.

A nice passing move and they're pretty much one on one with our keeper.

The goal that probably relegated us.

I can understand your disapointment, but you are Promoted or relegated over a season, 46 games.

The difference between success and failure in Football is Goals and we have struggled all season to score Goals.

• Like 1

4 home games this season that tell the story are Cardiff, Watford, Swansea and Stoke.

Dominated all 4 games and ended up with 3 points. 
Too many missed chances and then switch off at the back - should easily be enough points in those games to have us comfortable safe 

• Like 4

It’s happened a few times this season. Players just seem to go walkabout and it leaves us exposed 

We were one up, no need for us to press forward like that. Poor game management. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, New Zealand Owls said:

Easy to say as an armchair fan but he telegraphed the finish by opening his body up, Beadle should've taken another step to his left to anticipate it.

However in all honestly we need to be scoring more than once at home against a poor side.take a 2-0 lead and there is no way stoke come back.

As someone who played in goal a bit myself, that was always something I looked for - a one footed player circling the ball so he could steer it in to the far post like that. I still think it's brutal suggesting Beadle ought to have saved it as if that observation would have made it easy, and especially with all the other blame to go round, but he did appear to react slightly slowly.

• Like 2

Whoever the CB is that went to try and win the ball…. It’s on him really as he left the goalscorer on his own while there was cover with our other CB for the original pass through. 

If he just stays with his man it’s not a goal. 

For me this is a rush of blood to the head moment. Acting without thinking and wanting it too much. 

• Like 1

That goal has been the story of the season in so many games, where we switch off and get punished, add that to the fact our conversion rate is shocking, is why we are where we are. Even if you take the sh!te start under discoball, we have had enough chances to get out of this mess.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1