5 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

StokeGoal.gif.6c5ece4f8b7d4eee2a0dbf24abed92fb.gif

My take on the goal:

Beadle - I think he stays a bit deeper because Cundle still has a lot to do, and if he rushes out he opens up the dink over him. All in all, his positioning isn't that bad, the striker still has a lot to do, but he just doesn't seem to commit to the dive. If he fully extended his arm I think he saves that... FAIL

Valentin - Nothing he can do, he's tracking the Stoke wingback and too far away to do anything else... PASS

Palmer - I think he has to come short to track Bae Junho. If he doesn't, Bae would have collected the ball and Palmer would have been faced with a 2 vs 1. Having been pulled out of position by a clever dummy, Palmer then pelts full pace to get back, and almost blocks the shot (I think it goes over his outstretched leg). PASS

Vaulks - Has a perfect view of Bae's run and sees Cundle running off his shoulder... and he just stops. The most culpable. BAD FAIL

Ihiekwe - Has to compete for that ball I think. Beaten by a clever touch. Could he have made sure he took the man? Maybe, although the ref should have played on in any case. PASS

Famewo - Left exposed with a man behind him and Cundle through on goal. He starts to do the right thing and try and close down Cundle, but is a bit indecisive. If he'd been running as hard as Palmer he would have blocked the shot. Not entirely his fault, but all a bit meh. UNDECIDED

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, WimJunk said:

Bad positioning by Beadle. He showed him that corner.

I’m no keeper but that looks perfect positioning to me. Where do think he should be?

IMG_4376.jpeg.91f00c19ff0a3d9933bc4dc1de5e16dd.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

I think Beadle found himself in the same position as Dawson has so many times

A striker unchallenged a few yards from goal with time to pick his spot

Beadle had to cover all the options as the ball could have been hit anywhere

Maybe, just maybe he could have sorting slightly more with the dive- but that's nitpicking to the nth degree

I think with experience he'll be more anticipatory and be making his move earlier 

The problem with that is if the ball doesn't go in the direction of the dive...

Don't blame Beadle at all

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, scram said:

I think Beadle found himself in the same position as Dawson has so many times

A striker unchallenged a few yards from goal with time to pick his spot

Beadle had to cover all the options as the ball could have been hit anywhere

Maybe, just maybe he could have sorting slightly more with the dive- but that's nitpicking to the nth degree

I think with experience he'll be more anticipatory and be making his move earlier 

The problem with that is if the ball doesn't go in the direction of the dive...

Don't blame Beadle at all

Exactly.

We can pick apart Beadle's every move if we like - as many did over and over with Dawson earlier in the season - but the bottom line is he was left hopelessly exposed by the players in front of him, and whatever he did, the odds always favoured the attacker.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

The thing this outlined for me was compsure. How composed the Stoke player's finish was. We panic. We would have probably leathered the ball over the bar in a similar position. Röhl needs to work on our team's composure in front of goal.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, BIG D said:

I’m no keeper but that looks perfect positioning to me. Where do think he should be?

IMG_4376.jpeg.91f00c19ff0a3d9933bc4dc1de5e16dd.jpeg

A yard or so further forward stops that goal but like I said not just him at fault there was 2 or 3 others aswell.

1 hour ago, Emerson Thome said:

Surprised no-one's tried to blame Johnson for it yet....

In fairness - if the player that scored it decided to pass it instead, whoever couldn't be bothered to track the unmarked player would have also been at fault.

As it is - the blame I think lies between Palmer, Valentin and Vaulks.

• Like 1

Just yet another example of ridiculously lazy and sloppy defending this season. We always seem to have a lapse and it's going to cost us our Chamionship status. 

The amount of space they had for this goal, and the unmarked man in the middle is stunningly poor defending.

• Like 2

It's an awful goal to concede at any time of the season but sickening for it to happen at this stage.

Experienced players shouldn't be letting that happen. No point looking at other results if you can't do your own job and that game was there to be won, there to be seen out.

We didn't and we're facing a huge task now.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, SiJ said:

Blaming Beadle for that is batsh*t mad imo. 

You can't blame the keeper every single time we concede a goal :duntmatter:

Exactly. If he'd have moved a step further to his left it would have opened up the shot to his right side. If he came out either a lob or a pass to the unmarked player in the middle were options for their scorer.

Beadle did nothing wrong and i agree we have fans who want to blame whichever keeper it is for every goal we concede.

This debacle of this goal rests entirely with the outfield players.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Exactly.

We can pick apart Beadle's every move if we like - as many did over and over with Dawson earlier in the season - but the bottom line is he was left hopelessly exposed by the players in front of him, and whatever he did, the odds always favoured the attacker.

I think we pick apart every player when we concede a goal - its just the nature of football.

Plenty having a go at Palmer, Vaulks, etc. on here, so it is not just the keeper. So I've no problem with people getting the freeze-frames out.

I agree that earlier in the season that Vasquez / Dawson were left horribly exposed at times, but I don't think that was the case yesterday. Stoke only had 2 shots on target all game and the one they scored from only had an xG of 0.03.

For me, from that distance out, it just seems like Beadle was a bit slow to react and didn't fully extend his arms. I suspect he thought it was going wide.

Screenshot2024-04-14at18_11_50.png.b4aea59e8d4a82c382f394f76d3ef781.png