2 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Whoever the CB is that went to try and win the ball…. It’s on him really as he left the goalscorer on his own while there was cover with our other CB for the original pass through. 

If he just stays with his man it’s not a goal. 

For me this is a rush of blood to the head moment. Acting without thinking and wanting it too much. 

Ihiekwe? 

He could have done better, but I can understand him going in to challenge for that ball. He got done by a decent touch.

It's Palmer and Vaulks I can't really get my head around.

• Like 2

It really is the sequel to our last relegation isn't it.

No points deduction this time round, but we might as well have had one given the start we had.

Like last time, we claw ourselves back into contention to stay up and then continually blow out chances to climb out the bottom three. 

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

I cannot believe some people are blaming Beadle.

In the same situation if that was a world class striker against a world class goalkeeper, the striker scores more often than not. 

Are you implying beadle isn't world class?

3 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Ihiekwe? 

He could have done better, but I can understand him going in to challenge for that ball. He got done by a decent touch.

It's Palmer and Vaulks I can't really get my head around.

Yep. Left the goalscorer completely on his own. I get others may also be open to criticism but he gambled where he didn’t need to gamble and we got severely punished for it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's a collective failure on the part on a few players.

Ihiekwe tries to close down his man but ends up pulled out of position leaving a huge gap behind him. This is merely compounded by the tracking back (or lack thereof) from the midfielders on that side. 

20 minutes ago, crookesowl said:

Whoever the CB is that went to try and win the ball…. It’s on him really as he left the goalscorer on his own while there was cover with our other CB for the original pass through. 

If he just stays with his man it’s not a goal. 

For me this is a rush of blood to the head moment. Acting without thinking and wanting it too much. 

Palmer....

• Love 1

40 minutes ago, Jim Wonk said:

I actually hate watching Wednesday now. If you take out Bannan who is a proper footballer it is such a hard watch. The control and first touch of our players is terrible. If you watch any Premier League games then watch Wednesday it’s like watching a different sport. I can’t put up with it now, I find it frustrating and end up moaning constantly. Even when we break through down the sides more often than not the move breaks down with the wrong pass or a cross into the first defender. It drives me mad. I think when I was younger I put up with a lot of cr@p watching Wednesday but now I can’t.

Even in the past when the team were average there was a Jermaine Johnson or a Nuhiu or a Brunt to get you up off your seat for a while( till Johnson’s shot ended up in row Z- but not always), I’m clutching at straws a bit now. I don’t know… just gotta try and stay up somehow, hope this coaching team stay and mould a better quality side next season.

We are a poor Championship team playing above our ability because of a good manager.  Roehl is an attack at all costs manager which has got us in touching distanceof the rest. The quality of our players just isn't good enough so they make mistakes, in the league below we would get punished less often but we are where we are. Roehl should really learn when to shut up shop and see the game out but then again how often have we done that under other managers and invited pressure only to give a goal away.

We support Wednesday so we should be used to the ups and downs by now. The reason we look so bad is that our players aren't good enough, that's down to lack of funds and the turmoil at the end of last season. That is down to one man, we know who that is.

Our season isn't over yet. We are Wednesday, we do miracles every season. We are going to need one this season.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

Honestly, I thought the ref was going to blow up for a foul or offside when they pretty much went clean through.

I just assumed something must of happened for them to suddenly be one on one with our keeper. But it turns out the reason was we are crap.

Thought the same.

2 hours ago, Animis said:

keeping it tight isn't a tactic that these players can achieve - too many simply switch off at some point(s). 15 mins to run the clock down, as Plymouth and Blackburn did, but we go missing at a crucial point and then that's our season done. It's naive and inexcusable to leave yourselves that open in this game, at that point in such important circumstances.

Organisation was lacking. Vaulks was presumably tiring after being in a ridiculously undermanned midfield where his colleague BB is no good defensively; Palmer had overlooked that this time he was the full back and had to get back; Ihiekwe just missed the tackle in midfiekd; and Famewo failed to come across fast enough to cover him and you can see him slow down when approaching Cundle. We were playing two centre backs rather than the usual three and this constant change does not help players to do instinctively what is needed. 

• Like 1

Can’t understand for the life of me why none of Palmer, Vaulks or even Valentin spotted the danger from that huge gap on our right side. They’re all just casually jogging back. I don’t think it’s Ihiekwe’s fault, the ball was there to be won. Really poor goal to concede

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, beswetherick said:

Can’t understand for the life of me why none of Palmer, Vaulks or even Valentin spotted the danger from that huge gap on our right side. They’re all just casually jogging back. I don’t think it’s Ihiekwe’s fault, the ball was there to be won. Really poor goal to concede

That's how I saw it, too.

I don't mind Ihiekwe going to close down the ball there. 

It's the gaping hole on the right of our defence I can't comprehend.

Agree it was collective but can't leave gaps like that especially when they've made attacking subs, not sure what pol/palmer were thinking tho.

A moderately experienced manager sees the risks after their subs were made and quickly adjusts, theres also a lack of intelligence and leadership on the pitch (collective).

If iorfa was brought on for valentin or palmer after we scored, that gap would not be there and he also has the pace to nullify their fresh legs if caught slightly out of position, whereas our starters could not recover from that schoolboy mistake late in the game.

Also would have brought wingers on for smith and ugbo to counter them whilst being solid at back drawing them forward, watching footy/playing a fraction of those pros for 40+ years easily spots all that, DR has good qualities and will likely improve with experience but he's making his inevitable mistakes here imo

Just now, WimJunk said:

Bad positioning by Beadle. He showed him that corner.

Nonsense, and classic hindsight.

Any further to his left and then there would have been even more of an opening at the near post. And we all know how people like to mindlessly parrot the phrase about conceding there, regardless of the circumstances, like if the ball rockets past you at 60mph from five yards away and beyond the capability of human reaction speeds and physiology.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Waddle93 said:

It was a terrible goal to concede with Beadle, Palmer, Vaulks all at fault.

Beadle positioning was terrible if you watch it and he constantly does that totally indecisive but he's probably about same level as rest of squad hence were 2nd bottom. 

I had not observed Beadle but will do now. Vaulks probably exhausted with all the work he has to do by himself in midfield..been the same for months.

Plus....Ihiekwe missed the tackle and Famewo far too late to cover for him and come across. We had two centre backs yesterday while normally we have had three. This does not help organisation and instinctively knowing what to do.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ash77 said:

Agree it was collective but can't leave gaps like that especially when they've made attacking subs, not sure what pol/palmer were thinking tho.

A moderately experienced manager sees the risks after their subs were made and quickly adjusts, theres also a lack of intelligence and leadership on the pitch (collective).

If iorfa was brought on for valentin or palmer after we scored, that gap would not be there and he also has the pace to nullify their fresh legs if caught slightly out of position, whereas our starters could not recover from that schoolboy mistake late in the game.

Also would have brought wingers on for smith and ugbo to counter them whilst being solid at back drawing them forward, watching footy/playing a fraction of those pros for 40+ years easily spots all that, DR has good qualities and will likely improve with experience but he's making his inevitable mistakes here imo

Good points     although our wide midfielders cum wingers tend to lose the ball!

Iorfa does have speed while Famewo does not,  as you can see as he comes over towards Cundle.

The gaps were there. Definitely in that right back area. A bit like that play off semi final vs Sunderland when DM put Mendez Laing on into right wing back position near the end of the match. .

• Like 1