Time to drop Beadle

My thoughts are….. you’re abit deluded. He’s an excellent Keeper, he’s 19 and being asked to play it out from the back. He doesn’t yet have the experience to be composed doing so and let’s not forget he’s passing it out to below par defenders. 

he’s also pulled off some fantastic saves over the season and has definitely saved us points. 

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Lincs Owl said:

Or someone with just a different opinion to you? 

I’m all for having different opinions but there is not one shred of evidence to suggest that there in anything in Dawsons game that is superior to Beadles

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

We need to stop this messing about at the back, it’s costing us, Norwich fed off that and closed us down quickly and we panicked.

The biggest issue we have, we are far to slow to pass the ball, every player needs 5 touches, the whole point is to draw the opposition out and then him then, you can’t do it if the ball isn’t moved fast.

We are our own worst enemy.

I don’t care what the instructions are, if you sense danger boot the ball away, not religiously stick to instructions if it could cost you.

In reality you can’t have Iorfa, Icky and Famewo playing the ball about, they simply can’t do it.

• Like 3

We all love Röhl, but a minor criticism is this persistent to play out. We quite simply do not have the players to do it, we have 0 defenders who I’d trust with the ball at their feet and after the first two attempts at doing it tonight Röhl should have sacked it off and gone more direct from goal kicks. I like that he has his way, but sometimes you have to look at your tools and see if they’re up to the job 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Yes he makes some decent saves, but his footwork and kicking skills are no where near acceptable. I don't think Dawson is as bad with his footwork and definitely not as bad with his kicking. 

Think Dawson needs to play for the remaining games.

What's your thoughts? 

Shut up!

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Yes he makes some decent saves, but his footwork and kicking skills are no where near acceptable. I don't think Dawson is as bad with his footwork and definitely not as bad with his kicking. 

Think Dawson needs to play for the remaining games.

What's your thoughts? 

My thoughts are, go and watch the last 5 minutes of the Cardiff game and get back to us.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Do people really think he’s playing out from the back with them 4 in front of him off his own back? He must absolutely dread passing short to Ihiekwe and co, but he’s under instruction. He’d probably love to boom it miles every goal kick and not have to pass to that back 4 tonight, but he’s under instruction to do. Ederson’s footwork would look questionable when he’s having to play out to Diaby, Famewo, Iorfa and Ihiekwe. Give the lad a break, he’s made 2 blinding saves tonight and kept us in it. 

Best post of this entire sh1tshow of a thread. How on earth anyone blames Beadle for the shambles that unfolded in front of him is beyond belief in my opinion.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WimJunk said:

Worth having in the team for those razor sharp teenage reactions.

Kicking needs plenty of work.

It does but he’s a talent who will only get better. He’s just a kid. He will play Senior international football in years to come.

Just now, stevie snerklebox said:

It does but he’s a talent who will only get better. He’s just a kid. He will play Senior international football in years to come.

He won’t 

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

We all love Röhl, but a minor criticism is this persistent to play out. We quite simply do not have the players to do it, we have 0 defenders who I’d trust with the ball at their feet and after the first two attempts at doing it tonight Röhl should have sacked it off and gone more direct from goal kicks. I like that he has his way, but sometimes you have to look at your tools and see if they’re up to the job 

Completely agree. On Saturday, against a poor QPR side with zero urgency we went long and apart from the one that hit the bar we never looked like conceding. Onto tonight against Norwich who had an eager high press, we try to play it out from the back and it’s a total car crash…. WTF?! I love Danny but he got it wrong first half. Fair play though he changed it at half time and with the introduction of Pato, Vaulksy, and Pol we were a different beast.

• Like 1

To be fair to lad, the manager asks him to play out, he's just not good enough for that. He's made key saves to keep us in it so I'll give him benefit of the doubt. It does baffle me though, just kick the bleeding thing when it's needed

Imagine if Dawson had made the errors Beadle has made.

Beadle will be a great goalkeeper in the future but he’s not an upgrade on Dawson currently. His errors tonight were brainless and unprofessional given the early scares created by playing out from the back. He he did the same at Leicester, and Bannan had warned him after the first goal.

I thought that Beadle was good tonight. 
He made a terrible mistake for their second, and almost gifted another, but that aside he was great.

He’s a young lad, getting pelters 

from the away end and his own side. He still pulled off some great saves and was vocal in organising the defence. That takes some balls.

We’ve got plenty of problems, but Beadle ain’t one of them.

• Like 1