Time to drop Beadle

Should never have signed such a young keeper on loan in our situation, it was time for an experienced head.

i refuse to blame the kid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TrickyTrev said:

He might turn into a decent keeper in years to

come but he’s simply not good enough now and is certainly not a step up on Dawson.

I agree with this, this level is too much for him and I can't see how he's any better than Dawson. What qualities he may have superior to Dawson don't justify him being the No.1 in my opinion. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, nile said:

Should never have signed such a young keeper on loan in our situation, it was time for an experienced head.

i refuse to blame the kid

It's not his fault, he's just not good enough at this level to deal with pressure from other teams pressing him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

46 minutes ago, Sefton owl said:

I think most people are in agreement he’s been a major upgrade on dawson and will likely end up playing at a higher level. 

Slight at best, major I don't think so.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

It's not his fault, he's just not good enough at this level to deal with pressure from other teams pressing him.

You can’t just blame the keeper, the shambles in front of him and the fact the manager obviously constantly tells him to play it out.

you can’t teach experience and that is what we need.

• Like 2

Just now, nile said:

You can’t just blame the keeper, the shambles in front of him and the fact the manager obviously constantly tells him to play it out.

you can’t teach experience and that is what we need.

Agreed, but you still think that his ability outweighs Dawsons experience to deal with pressurising situations? Do you think Dawsons kicking ability, ball control is weaker than Beadle?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, andy1403 said:

Too late to change now, hes got 4 games left in a weds shirt and i cant see dawson making that much difference. Its the 4 in front of him that worry me more.

Whats to lose? Surely better to try and salvage something. Yeah the 4 in front of him aren't helping but everytime he gets given the ball I expect the worst. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, sexpistol said:

The second goal was purely on Beadle and no one else. You know as well as I do that if Dawson had made the same error, Owlstalk would likely crash.

If nothing else, the decision to play Beadle has at least spared us the weekly thread of vitriol aimed at Dawson, usually complete with freeze frames. 

:duntmatter:

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Gone from Beadle being a future England No.1 to being dropped for Dawson because he's a professional football who can't kick and has terrible footwork in just 24 hours.

Owlstalk - a perfect simulation of the inconsistencies of Sheffield Wednesday Football Club.

• Love 4

1 hour ago, sexpistol said:

The second goal was purely on Beadle and no one else. You know as well as I do that if Dawson had made the same error, Owlstalk would likely crash.

Not just on Beadle he has been told to play that way 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

Yes he makes some decent saves, but his footwork and kicking skills are no where near acceptable. I don't think Dawson is as bad with his footwork and definitely not as bad with his kicking. 

Think Dawson needs to play for the remaining games.

What's your thoughts? 

IMG_5817.gif

• Haha 1

My memory is too good to remember what Dawson plays like , every shot was a goal. I'd sooner have beadle even if his kicking isn't always on point the lad pulls some nice saves off 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

I agree with this, this level is too much for him and I can't see how he's any better than Dawson. What qualities he may have superior to Dawson don't justify him being the No.1 in my opinion. 

No, cos we’re developing another clubs keeper, possibly at our expense. Don’t think he’s any better than Dawson.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3