Middlesbrough v Owls Matchday Thread

Another game we can’t lose.

Boro nowt to play for, get at them and surely they’ll not fancy it.

Worried by Rotherham playing a few around us. No chance they’ll get any points in them.

1 minute ago, lukeyswfc said:

Worried by Rotherham playing a few around us. No chance they’ll get any points in them.

We thought the same when they played Huddersfield.

Rotherham might be crap, but they owe it to the fans to at least put a fight

Another big Yorkshire Derby today! Yep. Amazingly enough Middlesbrough is in the ceremonial county of North Yorkshire. I’m amazed this clash of Yorkshire Giants isn’t on Sky. 

Anyway. Middlesbrough is famous for two things. Being a shìt hole and the Parmo. Typically a large Parmo and Chips contains about 2500 calories and 150g of fat. So given the toxic air in Borough and the horrendous food I’ll just be glad if the lads make it out alive!

I can see this one being a draw. 1-1. Hatful of missed chances for Wednesday and a defensive slip up for their equaliser. Standard. 

• Like 1

Just now, agentwalker said:

We thought the same when they played Huddersfield.

Rotherham might be crap, but they owe it to the fans to at least put a fight

Yes really a want Rotherham win today to put off relegation for another few days.

They play Plymouth on Friday and we need them to still be mathematically possible of staying up going into that game, rather than be deflated after relegation today.

Got to go for it today. They have a lot of players out.

If we don't get 3 points today, we could be 4  points from safety (considering GD), with 6 games left.

And out of form going to QPR, with no wins in 4. 

8 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

Looking at the table.. Middlesbrough are in with an outside chance of the playoffs aren't they?

They’d have to make up a 9 point gap to Norwich, and pass three other teams each who have a game in hand.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Holmowl said:

They’d have to make up a 9 point gap to Norwich, and pass three other teams each who have a game in hand.

Yes I agree.

But not "on the beach". 

Their support will be on their backs for a win.

Just been told by a mate staying in same hotel as the team that Fletcher, Wilks and Hendrick start today. 

Can only assume its for Ugbo, Cadermateri and Vaulks. Bit unsure of that line up to be honest. 

Especially as I believe we needed 4 points over the Easter holiday to stand a chance.

Big gamble and hopefully works. 

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

Just been told by a mate staying in same hotel as the team that Fletcher, Wilks and Hendrick start today. 

Can only assume its for Ugbo, Cadermateri and Vaulks. Bit unsure of that line up to be honest. 

Especially as I believe we needed 4 points over the Easter holiday to stand a chance.

You do know April 1st jokes finish at 12pm 🤣

6 minutes ago, Road Runner said:

In other news, Sheffield Wednesday fans react badly to an April’s Fool prank. 

image.gif.c8178508064625b45b53d5179a78149b.gif

• Haha 5